Is the curving canopy in the ED material really part of the proposal? Or is that just a suggestion of how the bridge design approach could be extended to the Garrison Creek park, a suggestion that would require separate funding?

My preference is the Landmark one. I prefer the curves to the straight lines is the ED one. Apart from the stainless steel, I'm not loving the Dufferin one

Strong preference for the Landmark proposal here because if we absolutely must reference something, I prefer the excellent Humber bridge compared to the ridiculously utilitarian Bathurst and Strachan bridges, which would serve as a depressingly clear reference to budget and civic passivity.

Last edited:
I prefer the curves to the straight lines is the ED one. Apart from the stainless steel, I'm not loving the Dufferin one

While the "S" arguably has some aesthetic value, I imagine the locals who use the bridge to commute would prefer something more point A to point B.

While the "S" arguably has some aesthetic value, I imagine the locals who use the bridge to commute would prefer something more point A to point B.

Curvy turns on a bike are more fun, though.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue on bike?

I'm also fond of the ED proposal.

Nice job Cressy. The takeaway is elect NDP and you get watered down landmarks. The original was far better.

Not Cressy's ward. The bridge had been cancelled but was then approved with a much lower budget, all of which happened before Cressy was even on the scene.

Nice job Cressy. The takeaway is elect NDP and you get watered down landmarks. The original was far better.

Only an imbecile Sun News pundit would take that away from this. Cressy does not sit on the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee or Build Toronto.

Hahaha it's not even his ward.

Last edited:
Strong preference for the Landmark proposal here because if we absolutely must reference something, I prefer the excellent Humber bridge compared to the ridiculously utilitarian Bathurst and Strachan bridges, which would serve as a depressingly clear reference to budget and civic passivity.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what everyone likes so much about the ED proposal. It seems heavy and utilitarian. It's cute that Public Work have post-rationalized the lumbering nature of the thing as 'referencing' the other bridges but I don't really see much of value there.

Put me down for the Landmark proposal any day.

The EllisDon proposal strikes me as the only one with the slightest element of surprise. The other two are nice enough, but totally predictable.

Like the Landmark proposal best. Simple and elegant. I also see the generic form of 1000 bridges before it as a plus when budgets are tight.

Back