This is why I love Cityzen. Towers and park look great!

I have to give kudos to this development. It's a very awkward site, yet the development plan is well throughout and attractive.

There were folks screaming bloody murder for these lands should be retained for employment use. These renderings may even change their opinions.

I have to give kudos to this development. It's a very awkward site, yet the development plan is well throughout and attractive.

There were folks screaming bloody murder for these lands should be retained for employment use. These renderings may even change their opinions.

Disagree. Sorry. Strachan and East Liberty is well served for residential. Maybe even overly served, especially when we take future developments west of Strachan into account.

Yes, it is a good looking development, but what is so bad about 3 towers, even 4 towers of residential, and 1 plot of land saved for commercial? Do we really need to give away this entire street?

Someone agrees with me: http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=191126

Last edited:
Nice project though not a desirable place where I would want to live. Surrounded by trains and the highway isn't my idea of home.

Nice project though not a desirable place where I would want to live. Surrounded by trains and the highway isn't my idea of home.

No kidding, although you wouid never know it here, with some making that area seem like its the bee's knees".
Also dont forget, the pig slaughterhouse is just north across the tracks.

Location of 30 Ordnance is much more prominent and desirable than 401 and Leslie.

Disagree. Sorry. Strachan and East Liberty is well served for residential. Maybe even overly served, especially when we take future developments west of Strachan into account.

What's the alternative? I believe the land is zoned industrial\commercial, which made sense 25-years ago when the zoning for the area was established. Would a stripmall or some warehouses be a better use here? Holding out for an office tower is a bit too optimistic.

Last edited:
What's the alternative? I believe the land is zoned industrial\commercial, which made sense 25-years ago when the zoning for the area was established. Would a stripmall or some warehouses be a better use here? Holding out for an office tower is a bit too optimistic.

I don't think there's a need for yet another strip mall in Liberty Village. The current one is bad enough.

He's not proposing one. In fact no-one is proposing a strip mall here.

No kidding, although you wouid never know it here, with some making that area seem like its the bee's knees".
Also dont forget, the pig slaughterhouse is just north across the tracks.

AG: I bitch and moan about the pig slaughterhouse stank as much as anyone, but it's difficult to argue with the successful uptake for condo sites that suffer more from the slaughterhouse than Ordnance (i.e. downwind along Wellington, King, Adelaide, Richmond, Bathurst and Spadina). Yes, this site has pig stank, a highway and rail corridors, but property values being what they are, many of the challenging aspects of this site are going to get sorted out by the market in the next couple of decades. I would venture a guess that the slaughterhouse will relocate and some portion of the rail corridors will get decked. The Gardiner is a wild card, but as many people have noted its height in this area make its presence relatively benign.

Bottom line, this site has mid-to-long term upside written all over it. I'm surprised you don't see that.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M6K 1A2

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 132201 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 13, 2013

Project: Warehouse Interior Demolition

Description: Proposal for interior demolition to existing vacant warehouse space back to base build.

^ Interior demo perhaps for a new sales centre? I'm sure this is going to launch before summer.

This project is more on my radar the more I think about it. If one doesn't mind all the trains and tracks, that is (which I don't). The east facing units of Phase 1 will have stunning, unobstructed forever views of downtown. The key to this triangle's success, is the proposed park and the large retail component of Phase 2. I think i'd live beside the pool every summer weekend :cool:

The design initiatives here are definitely impressive. Too bad the rest of Liberty Village was handled so carelessly and resulted in much lost cause.

Back