5.1K     0 

Who will win

• Glen Murray

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Glen Murray can win in Winnipeg it is safe to say sexual orientation will play no role in Toronto elections. Winnipeg is a little more conservative than Toronto.

isn't Tory a 'mo too (albeit a closeted one)?

WTF is up with this rumour? You're the third person to mention it recently. Maybe it's true, but it sounds more like a slur from the wingnut wing of the PC party, a la "John-McCain-has-an-out-of-wedlock-black-baby" push polling in the Republican primaries of 2000.

Does any male on UT have carnal knowledge of John Tory?

There was a headline in one of the British papers many years ago about promiscuity on Hampstead Heath that read: "Gay Tories use Heath for sex" which made more than a few people assume it contained juicy revelations about former Tory Prime Minister Edward Heath - though it didn't.

I really can't imagine this would be an issue these days.

But who the heck is Glen Murray? Based on a sample-size of one, I'd say name recognition might be an issue!

Maybe people are confusing him with John Baird?

That's what I thought (and maybe that's the case), but the first two people I heard it from confirm that they are fully aware of John Baird's not-so-closeted sexual orientation and that they were definitely thinking of Tory.

The fact that Smitherman and Murray are gay is such a non-issue as to be totally boring.

...now if one of them was a closet heterosexual that would be interesting.

When was the last time Toronto had a mayor with a mustache. A mustachoied candidate would really make for a dynamic race.

mustaches are evil, just like beards.

When was the last time Toronto had a mayor with a mustache. A mustachoied candidate would really make for a dynamic race.

Crombie's immediate predecessor William Dennison.
ying_hope_dragon_mall.jpg

In more recent times in Metro, there's Tonks in York, and Prue in East York...

Back