Thats terrific news ^^^

So i guess we'll get a front seat view for Hullmark as it rises :D

Boy oh boy is this demolition taking so long, they haven't even gotten to it yet!, and the parking lot still houses a lot of cars (last i remember).

We're still trying to locate a potential site to install the camera.

My guess: :D
  • Nestle Canada office building
  • Protor & Gamble office building
  • Radiance @ Minto Gardens condos
  • Menkes' Cosmo condos
  • Sheppard Centre apartments

forgive my ignorance, but I was just thinking that everything at this corner was shut down over 6 months ago (Metro, Blockbuster, National). It was really convenient for me because I work in the area so I'd make a stop at Metro on my way home.
Why not leave the stores open until maybe 2 months before they actually start doing any demolition work? This whole time those stores could have still been open. And as it stands there's still nothing going on at this site.

I agree Mile High. I live at the Sheppard Centre apartments and the Metro was so convenient. It's ludicrous that all these stores closed so early. I have to use the Loblaws at Empress Plaza now, but I hate it. It's been 7 months.

You hate the extra travel or the Loblaws? I consider that Loblaws inifinitely superior to the defunct Metro in every way,shape and form. We only went to that Metro when we happened to be at Blockbusters and always came away shaking our heads that anyone would use that store for major grocery shopping.

To each their own Therion. Proximity was of course the major factor, Metro was just across the street, and while nothing to write home about I preferred it. I don't like the Loblaws store at all. It's badly laid out, often out of items and the deli counter is surly and slow. I do like the view from upstairs down into the produce department. I'm hoping the new Whole Foods will be better than both of these.

I agree about the layout. Better pricing and selection, though. I'm kind of sorry I moved out of the area before Whole Foods opened. Oddly enough, I've never been to one before.

(didn't really want to add to the off-topic discussion, but anyway)
Whole Foods is overrated and overpriced. If it weren't just downstairs from where I work here, I would not even bother setting foot in it.

To each their own Therion. Proximity was of course the major factor, Metro was just across the street, and while nothing to write home about I preferred it. I don't like the Loblaws store at all. It's badly laid out, often out of items and the deli counter is surly and slow. I do like the view from upstairs down into the produce department. I'm hoping the new Whole Foods will be better than both of these.

I find the pricing to be better at Loblaw's generally than Metro. But that could solely be due to the types of foods I buy.

(didn't really want to add to the off-topic discussion, but anyway)
Whole Foods is overrated and overpriced. If it weren't just downstairs from where I work here, I would not even bother setting foot in it.

It's overpriced true... but some of their stuff like what they make in-store... I find to be worth it. For example, the best frozen pizza I've ever tasted was one I bought at the Whole Foods in oakville, made in-store. I've tried all brands of freezer pizza, and even deli-made pizza like Costco/Metro, and the whole foods variety was the only one that actually tasted "real".

sorry for staying off topic... but Whole Foods is just soooo good. You have to admit their quality is unmatched, they might be pricey but really you pay for what you get.

That said when the Whole Foods is ready I'll be there... just wish they'd get started. Does anyone know why the delay?

It is of course a matter of personal opinion, but to me the "better" quality is not worth the extra price.
Besides, I hate hypocritical people/things, and WF is big in that department.

Back