Saw this robot roaming the site today. No idea what it was doing though.

Hullmark%252520Centre%252520-%252520June%25252021%2525202011.JPG

That isn't a robot, it's a remote controlled soil compactor. Instead of some poor schmuck having to push the thing around all day (not to mention the noise, or getting his insides all jostled up) the worker gets to stand a safe distance back and steer it with the remote while the thing does its job.

Saw this robot roaming the site today. No idea what it was doing though.

Hullmark%252520Centre%252520-%252520June%25252021%2525202011.JPG

HAHA!!! that thing is freaking EPIC! i can just imagine a toddler picking that thing up and just playing with it.... that robot is just driving around like a BOSS!

That isn't a robot, it's a remote controlled soil compactor. Instead of some poor schmuck having to push the thing around all day (not to mention the noise, or getting his insides all jostled up) the worker gets to stand a safe distance back and steer it with the remote while the thing does its job.

Hmm, something that remotely compacts soil while it saves some poor schmuck having to push the thing around all day... nah, couldn't be a robot!

Hmm, something that remotely compacts soil while it saves some poor schmuck having to push the thing around all day... nah, couldn't be a robot!

LOL!!!

I'm no soil-compacting expert, but i don't get how that thing generates enough force (especially with it's mass/size) to compact the ground!... (edit: wait a sec, i didn't see that human being standing to the left of it.... never mind, this thing is a lot bigger than it looks!)

I ain't discriminating robots

Is a radio-controlled toy car a robot? Well then this thing isn't either. I think a robot has to operate on its own to be a robot.

weird the office tower is going up first (or at least, progress is more present at the south end of the site)

Isnt the office mostly in the taller tower to the north, and all around in the base in general?

i could be wrong, but i've always thought that the office is in the base (lower half of podium) and the shorter tower... can someone double check this?

Office tower is south of Sheppard (to the right in Jivey80's photos) with a condo tower on top. The south part is the deepest part of the project so work is starting on it first.

building.jpg

Back