Whole Foods Market look ready to open NOW! As seen from attached photos, everything seems ready: walls are finished, floors are polished, lighting are installed, security camera installed, store shelves, aisle signage, counters, eating area table and chairs, telephones.

The only thing that needs to be done are stocking the shelves and installing the cash registers-computers - that shouldn't take more than a week. Finally a project that seems ahead of time.
Did they just use the TTC font for the "Sheppard & Yonge" sign?

Whole Foods Market look ready to open NOW! As seen from attached photos, everything seems ready: walls are finished, floors are polished, lighting are installed, security camera installed, store shelves, aisle signage, counters, eating area table and chairs, telephones.

The only thing that needs to be done are stocking the shelves and installing the cash registers-computers - that shouldn't take more than a week. Finally a project that seems ahead of time.

Please tell me those ceilings are not actually finished.

IMG_9096.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9096.jpg
    IMG_9096.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,073
It is a supermarket, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the final ceiling treatment.

Did they just use the TTC font for the "Sheppard & Yonge" sign?

Are we the font police, AGAIN?!?!?,... last time it was fonts on HULLMARK CENTRE signage.

Font looks the same. TTC uses "SHEPPARD-YONGE". Whole Foods Market uses "SHEPPARD & YONGE" but TTC copyright folks would probably have a case against them for using that yellow TTC map in the background.

Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about TTC fonts:
http://joeclark.org/appearances/atypi/2007/TTC/inscribed/

As for putting in ceiling covers, you'd think they would be bright enough to put them in before they put in the shelves, display cases, counters, tables and all those furnishing that goes on the floors.

Attachments

• Sheppard-Yonge_fonts.jpg
    Sheppard-Yonge_fonts.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,702
  • IMG_9105.jpg
    IMG_9105.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,700
I'm impressed with how this one has turned out :) Looks classy and the glass appears to be better quality than most.

I passed by the Whole Foods this evening and they already started to stock the shelves in what looks to be their pharmacy section (lotions and shampoos and stuff).

It's really unfortunate that this space will be occupied by Whole Foods. Irregardless, it is doubtful that they'll survive long term at this location.

Back