That does raise the question: Are they going to try to at least greenify the median between the tracks in places like this?
The northern sections are exactly like this and none of them are gonna be green track. The upside is that it could probably be done in the future but I suspect it would have to be paid for by the city

That does raise the question: Are they going to try to at least greenify the median between the tracks in places like this?
Yes they are. See rendering of Hurontario and Matheson, there will be plantings in the median.

IMG_4965.jpeg

Aug 23
As noted, where there is 4 curbs between tracks, greenery will be place in the centre two. This does not apply to the whole line and no idea what is plan for sections with no curbs. If one looks at the current corridor from Topflight to Eglinton, the section from Eglinton to Bristol and from Britannia to the north side of the 401 have no curbs.

If you want grass, you will have to wait tell the guideway has to be rebuilt and most likely not happen then as its very costly to put in the draining system that is require for grass. One reason Mobilinx chose not to go grass as well not liking it as well.

Had a quick look at the guideway between Elm and CP after getting home tonight and it doesn't match any of the current platforms built so far and no idea why the change. It looks like Burnhamthorpe station will be the same as CP. If someone has access to any renderings for the corridor, it will help to see what is been plan for these changes.

As for the Rathburn connection to the mainline, the wye will be on earth filling on the northside of the 403 off ramp that is currently has the retaining wall in place for the backfilling shown in the photo above. The Rathburn track section has taken over the north side of the street and sidewalk and will stop at Station Gates until the extension happens. The ramp walls are in place and waiting backfilling once the elevated section is complete.

Pouring of the concrete for Square One Dr to place as plan and great shots.

Surprise no one has posted info on the Burnhamthorpe intersection and its the worse fear for the line and everyone. Straight track in place with the north section opening up next week once the backfilling and asphalt is in place, This mean the line and intersection will be out of service for at least 4 months to rip out what was built and building the wye connection. I guess Mobilinx has decided to ask an arm and leg cost to rebuilt the intersection to cover some of their losses so far on this project that do it right as first stated at the beginning of the project.

Minneola intersection should be open now as it was almost ready at 5:30pm today with a small section of the curb lane being pave. I suspect the intersection would open after traffic had die down.

The southbound lane from Minneola to Pinetree will be stake next week along with the curb being pour as the curb machine is there now.

No idea what is plan for the removal of poles in the new southbound lane as well the northbound ones. The northbound poles will have a major impact on building the new lane as well delay building the guideway to a point with only one lane of traffic in place of 2.

The northbound curb from the Queensway to King St has been poured, but the lane will remain close until they replace the sidewalk with temporary asphalt or build the concrete one.

The northbound curb from the Dundas to Hillcrest is also poured.

Surprise no one has posted info on the Burnhamthorpe intersection and its the worse fear for the line and everyone. Straight track in place with the north section opening up next week once the backfilling and asphalt is in place, This mean the line and intersection will be out of service for at least 4 months to rip out what was built and building the wye connection. I guess Mobilinx has decided to ask an arm and leg cost to rebuilt the intersection to cover some of their losses so far on this project that do it right as first stated at the beginning of the project.

Where does the 4 month figure come from? The track intersection can be rebuilt in under a week so the line can run. The surrounding work will disrupt car traffic for longer but I just don't see how it can take months to do. They can build several intersections in that time.

Where does the 4 month figure come from? The track intersection can be rebuilt in under a week so the line can run. The surrounding work will disrupt car traffic for longer but I just don't see how it can take months to do. They can build several intersections in that time.
What intersection to date has been built in one week??? This is not TTC method for intersections trackwork. Fully close intersections are supposed to be 4 weeks and end up being 5-6 weeks, Two sections intersections are are supposed to be 6-8 weeks and end up being 9 weeks

It took them 3 months to build Topflight that was fully close to all traffic that is opposite hand for Burnhamthorpe. You got to rip out most what is there now and not a simple job doing the switches and crossovers.

Don't think intersections take long to do, look at my photos in this thread to see when work started and finished on them that are dated or view my site and search for X intersection photos that will give you a timeline from start to finished.

Back