Looking north at Fairview this morning
1728926533245.jpeg

South
1728926569694.jpeg

I'd planned to shoot a number of areas, particularly at the 403 and also the Burnhamthorpe-Dundas- Queensway-South Service rd intersections but the winds were too strong. It's not just the blow away factor to be concerned with but when the camera gimbal rocks to 45 degrees and stays there, it is time to land. The last thing I want is to burn out a gimbal motor.

I'd planned to shoot a number of areas, particularly at the 403 and also the Burnhamthorpe-Dundas- Queensway-South Service rd intersections but the winds were too strong. It's not just the blow away factor to be concerned with but when the camera gimbal rocks to 45 degrees and stays there, it is time to land. The last thing I want is to burn out a gimbal motor.
You're braver than I am. I've deicded to retire my drone for the rest of the year unless I *really* *really* want to take photos or a recording of something.

You're braver than I am. I've deicded to retire my drone for the rest of the year unless I *really* *really* want to take photos or a recording of something.
There is still plenty of weather suitable for flight. I will fly twelve months of the year and some of my best shots have been taken during the winter months! Don't be afraid to get out there. The November/December late afternoon light can be magical.

There is still plenty of weather suitable for flight. I will fly twelve months of the year and some of my best shots have been taken during the winter months! Don't be afraid to get out there. The November/December late afternoon light can be magical.
Looks like I'll just need to keep an eye on the weather. There was a time where I did end up flying my drone and the high winds freaked me out because they were pushing against the gimbal. Talk about hard to control.

As for this thread: the mayor of Brampton stated last week that him and Ford / Minister of Transportation have come to an agreement regarding the HMLRT extension into downtown Brampton. This agreement is expected to be announced sometime in early/mid November.

There are MANY new projects happening with regards to transit in Brampton, this just so happens to be one they really need to delegate on given the cost.

It sounds a lot like similar problems to crosstown. Do these contractors not know how to lay track to spec?
Not just that, but the designers or people who would know spec better than metrolinx/mobilinx are from the UK. At least that's what I've heard. They'll get so far along in the project and then realize they need to rip and replace things because everyone's flying through intersections instead of taking their time and doing a quality job.

Not just that, but the designers or people who would know spec better than metrolinx/mobilinx are from the UK. At least that's what I've heard. They'll get so far along in the project and then realize they need to rip and replace things because everyone's flying through intersections instead of taking their time and doing a quality job.
Who pays for the work to be done twice?

That's on the general contractor to provide the correct spec for the project. Left hand not talking to the right hand.

Who pays for the work to be done twice?

That's on the general contractor to provide the correct spec for the project. Left hand not talking to the right hand.
Yup. There's multiple parties to blame here. I just want this done properly the first time, but it seems we can't even do that.

Working in trades, we always had a saying: "Clients don't have the money to do things right, but they do have the money to do things twice." In this case, not really the client, but Metrolinx/Mobilinx, and whoever else is under them will surely not have the money to do things right, nor the money to do things twice, so it remains to be seen whether or not they actually learn from these mistakes, or if they'll keep happening as is tradition.

Yup. There's multiple parties to blame here. I just want this done properly the first time, but it seems we can't even do that.

Working in trades, we always had a saying: "Clients don't have the money to do things right, but they do have the money to do things twice." In this case, not really the client, but Metrolinx/Mobilinx, and whoever else is under them will surely not have the money to do things right, nor the money to do things twice, so it remains to be seen whether or not they actually learn from these mistakes, or if they'll keep happening as is tradition.

A good idea would be to actually hire competent project managers.

Back