Have yet to see one and not surprise to see this considering it now 7 months late from the January notice. It will be either later 2025 or early 2026 for service.

It took then a year to do the southbound. We may see the northbound lanes open between May to July 2025, then another 2 months to build the guideway across the 2 off ramps and where the northbound traffic is shifting to and from the southbound lanes putting totally completion around July to Sept. Testing of the line and starting the 90 day of full testing is putting the opening of the line sometime around October to December 2025 with luck. If they cut the 90 day of full testing, it could open sooner based on the test frame.

Is it likely for the LRT to begin service with the Mississauga loop, or will it be opened along with the Brampton extension which is years away?

I'm concerned about the transit along burnhamthorpe and confederation considering the massive density being added.

July 11
Stay away from trying using Burnhamthorpe as an east-west route starting July 11 until mid September as the intersection is fully close off for traffic for it. This will allow the guideway to be built as an T based on the timeframe with only part of the T being built. Could be wrong on it until work starts and can ask some question since I have yet to received any reply sent to ML on it and a few other things.

Saw an LED sign at Absolute Dr for southbound noting the closure with northing northbound unless it is on the southside of Central Parkway, Too close to allow drivers to make left turns at Absolute and Robert Speck. Work is 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm and should be 7/24. Expect long travel time in both directions for driver trying to make a left turn or do a U-turn like Elm Dr saw going north or south.

Have to laugh at this as I just shoot the Burnhamthorpe intersection as a before shot since it was a matter of time before the guideway work would start on it. Haven't seen any notice for this closure as well the extra timeframe for the Guideway as posted a few days ago. When I got home, the 2 notices sitting in my mailbox.

Since I was finished all my work for the day, decided to take a look at the Sq One intersection to see how it was setup since it wasn't done on my last visited as well look at the 403 work.

Tracks being place south of Absolute with forming of the missing sections of the guideway wall to allow concrete to be pour on the north side of Absolute, Most of the rebar in place for the Robert Speck Platform that may see forming next week to pour it.

Sq One Dr Intersection is turning into a 3 section pour as the traffic is setup different from what I was told to happen. Southbound lanes in the centre of the road to get around the next phase with northbound turning lane been further north to make the turn. Other than the road has been excavated for the next phase, nothing else has taken place.

Forming is underway for the west retaining way for the north pier and about 30 feet high. May see the north pier by Sept with the girders on it. Not much has taken place for the north area.

Is it likely for the LRT to begin service with the Mississauga loop, or will it be opened along with the Brampton extension which is years away?

I'm concerned about the transit along burnhamthorpe and confederation considering the massive density being added.
Route 26 will be on detour using City Centre and Robert Speck

The loop is a waste of riders travel time from my point of view as there are no stops where they should be as well taking a guess where a few maybe until the EA comes out for the expansion of the loop. It currently takes 20-25 minutes to transfer from the 2 to the 17 since the headway is less for 17 compare to do a transfer at CCTT compared to the 15 minutes for the old 19. You will see about an extra 15 minute travel time using the LRT if you want to bypass CCTT using the 2 and 17 in place of the 103 that save you 14 minutes today,

Those who live close to Confederation and using the Cooksville GO Station are far off using the 28 that will be a lot faster and dropping you off at GO front door than the LRT.

You are looking at one area while I look at a bigger picture that the development at Eglinton will see a higher ridership than yours as well more going to the GO Station and forcing them to drive than use the LRT as it will be faster to do so. There been talk of some sort of bypass service, but only talk at this time.

As to when the loop opens, it will long before Brampton extension does and subject getting the green light to proceed on it. The best time frame I can come up with at this point late 2027-29.

I expect service will be split on day one regardless if the loop is built or not as it will get riders use to the split service that will see service 7-9 minutes. I would put headway at 10 minutes with bypass service that will see the loop area at 10 minutes and Hurontario at 5 minutes

July 11
More up on my site
53850125062_e9e65e6c75_b.jpg

53851018751_9a45b8bcda_b.jpg

53851384059_b1cd35a47e_b.jpg

53851018661_8b37200d5c_b.jpg

53850124932_e9326835fa_b.jpg

53851018546_b0dd724035_b.jpg

Back