Seeing it now, I think they should have widened the sidewalk in front of the Yonge Street frontage. Basically pushed the podium west 20 ft or so, aligned with the back wall of the relocated tower. and even with the condo building above. It could have been patio space in the summer. Or simply a benefit to pedestrians. A place to appreciate the 1870s tower. Missed opportunity maybe. Those attachments to the clock tower seem unnecessary. Even faux 1870s frontage would have been nice looking.

Today.
IMG_4326D.jpeg
IMG_4327D.jpeg
IMG_4328D.jpeg
IMG_4329D.jpeg
IMG_4330D.jpeg

As much as I love aA, Sami's podium was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better...

View attachment 472227
Its relationship to the old firehall tower is much better too, it's pulled back respectfully giving you a nice sightline. The current iteration all but buries it from most angles, albeit I assume that's less on aA but rather the developer.

Anyone knows the reason for the change of name? I don't see how Immix could sound more appealing than Halo, so there must be other reasons. Perhaps Beyonce threatened to sue for copyright infringement? :)

Edit: I know this is one of the projects taken over from Cresford when they became insolvent. Was the new developer (Concord Adex?) legally barred from using the old name? Or did they just want to have a new start with a new (nonsensical) brand?

Last edited:
...exchanging ownership explains why they changed the name. It doesn't explain why they chose that name. >.<

Back