Shame on the condo buying public for snapping up such crap architecture like gangbusters. We can now sit back and expect more of the same sub-standard design.

Who are buying these?

I don't get a 740 sq ft three bedroom. That is small one bedroom, maybe one plus den. A family would find it very hard to live there, and a little pricey for students.
The layout is thoughtless, a standard floor plan, no innovation or thought put into how someone would live here. Why would it sell?.

740 square feet is very small for three bedrooms however, it is positively huge for a one bedroom. This takes into account the tens of thousands of one, two, and three bedroom apartments and bungalows built in the 416 over the last 50 years. I can only presume you grew up in some 80s era 905 subdivision when size starting getting ridiculous.

I don't get a 740 sq ft three bedroom. That is small one bedroom, maybe one plus den. A family would find it very hard to live there, and a little pricey for students.
The layout is thoughtless, a standard floor plan, no innovation or thought put into how someone would live here. Why would it sell?.

Agreed - that is absurd - I'd love to see a floorplan for that unit. My current unit is exactly 740sqft + balcony and is a 1 bedroom + den. Granted it's spacious by today's standards, but by no means "huge".

I recently saw similarly sized units to mine with 2 bedrooms and always wondered how that worked - but 3 bedrooms???

I am getting a 777 sq.ft. 2 bedroom/2 bathroom at King West Life which will be reasonable. The 2nd bedroom is small however at 7 x 9 feet approximately. However, to get 3 bedrooms in 740 sq.ft., there is probably 1 bathroom which saves some of the room and the living / dining room would be small. However, I guess the assumption is one has additional spaces/common areas which can be used if living in a condo vs. a home.

That said, gei, I concur with you and srcto that just because one can create a design in 740 sq.ft. does not make it reasonable.

I feel like the balconies are what push it over the edge into the tacky, shoddy, cityplace subgenre.

indxj8.jpg

Still think the marketing material is cheese - "Go here, there and everywhere. The underground PATH & Subway are right here. See, you are sooo connected. Everything is nearby, because you are at the center of it all. This means no down-time, no traffic-time and moreface-time. Get to work in a minute. Get to play in a minute. And then be home in a minute. Get back to your suite and get out of your suit. And in the rare case that you are ever in need of wheels, INDX has car share vehicles. Go forth, quickly."

they did have one ad (which i now can't find) in a magazine which made me laugh. all it said was "what is this a condo for ants?" Hard to find a good Zoolander reference these days...

Back