Love that 10 floor PoMo building on King with the circular element on top. That would have made a rather striking skyscraper.

That was a late '80s reclad of an older building - I think it happened around the time Central Guaranty Trust leased it, only to go bust a few years later.

11317472776_079c503b55_b.jpg
[/url]INDX Condos & 100 Adelaide West byMafaldaBoy, on Flickr

Love that 10 floor PoMo building on King with the circular element on top. That would have made a rather striking skyscraper.

Cough

Ah come-on its cute:D

And this would be an excruciatingly boring city if every building was modernist. Toronto's trump card is its diversity not only in people and cultures, but its architecture. That should be encouraged. Besides, a city should never only satisfy the aesthetic preferences of one segment of society.

That was a late '80s reclad of an older building - I think it happened around the time Central Guaranty Trust leased it, only to go bust a few years later.

They did a great job and it sure beats the sterile featureless re-clads we get these days.

It has held up pretty well. The building on the Southwest corner of King and University, and that at the Southwest corner of Adelaide and Universtity, are also reclads of older buildings, though they were done in the early '90s.

Mafaldaboy's last pic is pretty awesome. It's crazy seeing such an open area in the heart of the financial district. It's like a whole section of the city has just been levelled. That alongside the Bay Adelaide II site from Yonge/Adelaide, it'll be nice to see all these towers spring up at once and at some crazy density in the process.

I rode by this morning and it looked like they have poured the entire ground floor slab.
So, yes they are at grade.

Back