There's also that Context project south of St Lawrence Market.

400 Adelaide St E @ Princess (Plazacorp, 19s, Hariri Pontarini)

A City Planning Final Staff Report from November 2007 approved this Plazacorp development at 400/406 Adelaide St W:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-8728.pdf

as others explained in the Greenpark thread for 424-460 Adelaide St W, this Plazacorp site is immediately west of Greenpark's proposal

400-460Adelaide.jpg

There appears to be some discrepancy (though both 19s) in building design shown in the City staff report vs images from Hariri Pontarini Architects' website, since I'm not certain which is more up-to-date. I'll just show both:

400Adelaide_1.jpg

400Adelaide_2.jpg

400Adelaide_3.jpg

The version in the City's reports + implementing Zoning By-law is different in that the east wall is curved, and there is no continuous podium building along Adelaide ~

400Adelaide_south.jpg

400Adelaide_zoning.jpg

Last edited:
thanks BobBob ... my mistake (again) :eek:

hmm... the thread name doesn't seem to update even if I made changes ... MODs could you do the honor? :)

Last edited:
The topic reads W where it should read E.

Very good point. Based on looking at the pictures, I thought my early imbibing of holiday spirits had ruined my memory of my own general neighbourhood. Turns out it ain't my nabe at all.

Cool tower, really fits on with the greenpark development, but of course that's to be expected as its the same architect

Last edited:
Dinky podium? It's 5 storeys, the same height as the building to the west, the podium to the east, and the buildings across the street. The podium is just the height it should be.

Why put a point tower there?

Probably why it got axed

(the 29 storey rendering got replaced with the shorter, wider, 19 storey elevation)

This development (which seems to be suspended, at least) is next to a new one just east of it at this thread: 424-460 Adelaide E (@ Ontario, Greenpark, 19s, Kirkor)

Back