First permit application is in. They seem to be using 400 Adelaide address - MODS: Want to change thread title?

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 07 287879 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Jan 11, 2012

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - Permit to construct new 19 storey 277 suite apartment and retail store building with underground parking for 230 motor vehicles.

the 1b, 1b + d are horrible

who designs this crap !?!?!

Horrible ? How so ?? They look pretty typical nowadays (with its useless linear kitchens forming one wall of the living/dining room)

They look pretty typical nowadays (with its useless linear kitchens forming one wall of the living/dining room)

you've just answered your own question ...
sadly storage challenged useless linear kitchens are typical, but i would not consider them good.

i also didn't like the jagged walls, etc ...
but i will give them thumbs up for at least having windowed bedrooms !

2 baths in the 1b+d are excessive.

Last edited:
sadly storage challenged useless linear kitchens are typical, but i would not consider them good.

i also didn't like the jagged walls, etc ...
but i will give them thumbs up for at least having windowed bedrooms !

2 baths in the 1b+d are excessive.

I agree with you 100% ... sad but that's the new norm

And yes its acutally a 'delight' to see bedrooms with windows (rather than interior bedrooms with those stupid frosted glass doors which should really be called a den)

I agree with you 100% ... sad but that's the new norm

And yes its acutally a 'delight' to see bedrooms with windows (rather than interior bedrooms with those stupid frosted glass doors which should really be called a den)

ha, exactly.
I think there should be some sort of rule requiring a unit to have a windowed bedroom to call itself a one-bedroom. No matter how small the bedroom is, it has to have 1) a regular door (not sliding one) 2) a window.

Toronto builders should really learn from the Japanese, who are skilled in designing 600sf two bedroom condos without looking awkward. They literally use every inch of the space. No stupid foyer and narrow corridors which might take 50sf or more without any practical use.

April 07
7099916445_26391e4377_b.jpg

7099913259_bb405768c0_b.jpg

6953848382_f720b3fa9c_b.jpg

7099911533_6545e8ccdf_b.jpg

Several of Drum's photos are NOT of the Ivory site. The Ivory site is immediately north of Princess Street and runs west from the west side of the mustard yellow building. The site at the corner of Adelaide and Ontario to the east of the mustard yellow building is 424 ADELAIDE STREET EAST. (The SLNA website states "This is an application for a rezoning application (a revised proposal was submitted in March 2012) to construct new 2 tower condo." To date it has no name or approval. )

I'm looking forward to this nice piece of intensification. This is the part of downtown where it really loses consistency. But it does provide many opportunities for new infill developments.

Back