I can't see how I busted pipe, be it from human error on site or because of a weak pipe in the first place, has anything to do with Brad Lamb... Lamb has brought us some of the nicer projects to the city so far (Theatre Park, King Charlotte, Flatiron Lofts etc.)

Seems rather silly to consider his involvement to be the issue. Unless you have some proof that Mr. Lamb himself went down there and cut the vein, perhaps you should do a little research before you poke fingers...

Why should the City, ie yours and my tax dollars, pay for Lambo's mistakes?

You have no evidence that the City is paying to fix "Lambo's mistakes" so on what basis are you making this claim?

All the more cause not to buy from an amateur developer like Lamb.

What makes Lamb an 'amateur developer?' What's more, though some may be stronger than others, can you name a single Lamb project that most would view as 'bad' (Riverside Towns aside)?

Ironic that guys like him are not only metaphorically flooding the market with units, but they're literally flooding the market too!

He / they're not, but hey, you've been comfortable to live in your own universe until now, why not just keep on diggin' that hole.

You have no evidence that the City is paying to fix "Lambo's mistakes" so on what basis are you making this claim?

What makes Lamb an 'amateur developer?' What's more, though some may be stronger than others, can you name a single Lamb project that most would view as 'bad' (Riverside Towns aside)?

He / they're not, but hey, you've been comfortable to live in your own universe until now, why not just keep on diggin' that hole.

The guy downright hates Lamb. It's like he knows him personally. He's always taking shots at the guy.

It's these sort of sales and marketing tactics that I find offencive, misleading & destructive to the overall stability of the Toronto condo market:

http://www.greaterfool.ca/2012/11/30/smart-ass-condo-math/

Toronto deserves better than snake oil salesmen tactics. The pitch is insulting. To proforma a day 1 capital gain and every year forward and keep rents growing for 5 years while expenses flatline is a joke. It makes us look like fools.

Last edited:
That article is a joke...

It complete neglects that you actually own the condo have the opportunity to resell it, versus just renting a propert owned by others...

Your view is incredibly biased against Lamb. He's, so far, one of the few developers that gives a damn about quality which has become apparent in the types of projects he's undertaking and completed.

That article is a joke...

It complete neglects that you actually own the condo have the opportunity to resell it, versus just renting a propert owned by others....

Do yourself a favor and never invest in real estate unless you are indifferent about losing money.

yep, because real estate never makes anybody rich.. (such as the person who a rather despised condo in this city is named after)

and the key difference between renting and owning? when you pay the $1,800 a month, you get some of it back when you move. when renting, that money goes down a hole to never return.

Last edited:
yep, because real estate never makes anybody rich.. (such as the person who a rather despised condo in this city is named after)

and the key difference between renting and owning? when you pay the $1,800 a month, you get some of it back when you move. when renting, that money goes down a hole to never return.

I refuse to hijack the thread and be dragged into a debate that I inadvertently instigated. I am more than happy to educate you on the components of prudent real estate investment in that forum as opposed to the bold face idiotic & grossly reckless assumptions that your hero so callously asserts in the link I posted. I have clients that have minted fortunes from the sport of it and trust me this is not the path to financial independence.

If you intend on clinging tightly to the notion of 'throwing money away on rent' and other industry bafoonery then I have no intention of wasting my time on your ignorance and will instead enjoy many a private chuckle at your stupidity from afar.

Cut the insults or get cut.

They need to do a little better job at the site entrance. My friend and I have nicknamed it "The World's Most Dangerous Construction Site". It's an exageration obviously, but the place is crazy with heavy equipment on a sidewalk open to pedestrians. It's pretty poorly controlled. Most sites don't just havea cement truck roll up onto an open sidewalk and start unloading.

From today:

IMG_9745.JPG

No construction workers on site today. Yesterday just 3 or 4. Day before that just 2. This is the strangest build I've seen in a while.

Finally, looks like the site is busy again. And this in -12c weather. Digging and lots of dump trucks staging and fighting with streetcars at the world's most dangerous construction site.

Back