I pray they retain the curves. I have seen renders which eliminated them.

Cheapening of this kind in an office project? Hope not.

This must be the version you're referring to - from Allied REIT May presentation:

upload_2016-8-23_9-39-53.png

http://alliedreit.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/05/Allied-Properties-REIT_May-2016.pdf

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-23_9-39-53.png
    upload_2016-8-23_9-39-53.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,746
Last edited:
The plans on file with the city show the curves but don't mention any frit or frosting on the glass. That seems to line up with the render from the hoarding. Crossing fingers...

Changing the topic from design to construction for a moment - shoring of the site is almost complete, and one of the shoring machines is being partially dismantled for shipping out. The loading and removal of earth from the site which has been taking place so far has been to get rid of the pile that resulted from the shoring process. My understanding, from one of the construction staff on site, is that actual excavation of the site is to start next week.

I'm not a fan of the "decorative" flourishes on the brick that we've seen more recently. I prefer the podium from the earliest renderings, where the clean geometry of the windows, arches, and brick masonry kept things clean and fresh and slightly retro.

And agreed, let's hope the curves were kept on the office portion. They're such a small but important component to the office design.

The south crane base was installed last week, and the crane is scheduled for delivery and installation tomorrow - presumably weather permitting. Photo of the crane base below, please excuse the terrible quality - cell phone camera was focusing on the fence mesh. But I know there are forum members who are image oriented....

620 King West Crane Base.jpg

Attachments

• 620 King West Crane Base.jpg
    620 King West Crane Base.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 1,217
Today:

IMG_8472.jpg
IMG_8473.jpg
IMG_8474.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8472.jpg
    IMG_8472.jpg