More shots from my cellphone vault...

photo-1101.jpg

getting pretty big now ^^^.
it's apparent that plenty of spandrel will be used here, the question is all about the execution. I think it's a given that the tower shape will impress though,

Good or interesting form can be ruined by cheap or crappy choice of materials. Unfortunately we have plenty of examples of this from the last 10 year boom.

i was just thinking where we'd be right now if the original podium had gone ahead. would've been way cool to see go up,... me personally, i think the podium was much more definitive, but completely awkward at street level... a bit disproportionate. but imagine constructing that thing!

Hume never liked the proposed L Tower boot - he has not given him a free ride up until now.

This is the first tower that could truly become iconic for the city. If this is a fail, then everything else will rest with ICE/ICE2, One Bloor and Aura.

I really want these guys to succeed in creating a new visual landmark for Toronto

I have high expectations for this tower. I think it will be at least as good as the Four Seasons (which I really like)

I have high expectations for this tower. I think it will be at least as good as the Four Seasons (which I really like)

my guess, l tower will become the most unique skyscraper built in a while (in toronto), and potentially the one with the worst/odd cladding (out of the major 200m+ skyscrapers built in the past decade)

my guess, l tower will become the most unique skyscraper built in a while (in toronto), and potentially the one with the worst/odd cladding (out of the major 200m+ skyscrapers built in the past decade)

I have to disagree with you on this one Steve, or at the very least withhold opinion.

I have seen the cladding in person and while I am concerned that it may possibly look cheap, I am excited that this tower will have some bold colours going for it. I have some faith that it will be well executed.

I have to disagree with you on this one Steve, or at the very least withhold opinion.

I have seen the cladding in person and while I am concerned that it may possibly look cheap, I am excited that this tower will have some bold colours going for it. I have some faith that it will be well executed.

honestly, i hope i'm wrong... toronto's seen enough bad.... insult to injury would be fatal.

... "i will never say never!!!!"

Back