I agree totally...I was appalled when I first saw the renders. I thought it was very ugly and inappropriately placed, ruining the look of the beautiful O'Keefe Centre (a name I refuse to change in my mind, for when it was in its heyday it was a beautiful and modern structure and a centre of culture.)

I'm with you on the last part, concerned about how L Tower would affect the O'Keefe/Sony Centre profile. I was initially disappointed that the "boot" didn't make the cut but I was shortsighted and probably all google-eyed over the renderings, today I'm really glad it didn't. The building holds great promise, I'm fine with it and happy with the way things unfolded. So now we wait to see how this building turns out.

At the least with glass like telus (highly reflective) just my thoughts on it. But I'll still give it a shot because it's hardly near completion.

lj7.jpg

:confused: so it looks like they took that cladding pannel off the building, and are covering the edges of the floor plates. Maybe that panel was a test run.

:confused: so it looks like they took that cladding pannel off the building, and are covering the edges of the floor plates. Maybe that panel was a test run.

maybe they were waiting for the response on UT and saw it wasn't up to standard :p

Hello All,

There is now an L Tower group on LinkedIn for anyone interested. The group is called: L Tower Investors. L Tower Investors group is designed for all forms of L Tower investments; Enthusiasts, Renters, & Owners. The L Tower investors group is designed to share information about the L Tower in Toronto, Canada. Please use this group to share owner experiences, renting opportunities, and enthusiasts feedback.

Enjoy!

Two floors of cladding have gone on the east facing side. (closest to The Esplanade) I'm happy to see there is no grey spandrel so far and the metal trim is blue. The glass looks clear with one white panel. It will be a different look for our skyline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shot! now this gives us all a better idea of just how it will look and reflect not to shabby. Kinda don't even notice the blue framing. It's actually quite scuttle at least from this angle and lighting.

Back