TheLTower.jpg

It looks like a woman's boot on top of the Hummingbird Centre. :D Definately a unique looking building. Great for Toronto.

A boot, a woman's boot, a fuck-me boot, a cowboy boot, a Gene Simon's Destoyer boot. This is a true landmark. Look out Gerkin.

Attachments

• cover_destroyer_small.jpg
    cover_destroyer_small.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 188
A boot, a woman's boot, a fuck-me boot, a cowboy boot, a Gene Simon's Destoyer boot. This is a true landmark. Look out Gerkin.

Looks like the boot stepped on some gum.

This building, because of it's uniqueness, height and proximity to the waterfront could become even more of an icon for this city than the new ROM. Which would be ironic considering this was always Libeskind's "other" project that just kind of came out of nowhere. Personally I prefer this one and will keep my fingers crossed that it gets built.

Art Centre

We are also getting a new arts centre by Libeskind. Are there any renderings about that part of the project. Is there any information?

I am pretty sure that with the warm welcome Liebskind has received in this city, he will want to stick around and do some more work.

Does anyone know if he has an office, or a home in Toronto? He is here an awful lot, and his wife is from Toronto (I think)....

Libeskind, being a starchitect, simply must make his mark on the Hummingbird. KPMB, or one of our other good local firms, would have undoubtedly produced something that celebrated the Hummingbird's Modernism by expanding on that style rather than working against it - had they done this project. Would that we had gone that route. I find Libeskind's condo towers rather loopy compared to his cultural buildings.

The five mulberry trees would have been bearing fruit in a couple of weeks had they been allowed to live, behind the hoarding.

The five mulberry trees would have been bearing fruit in a couple of weeks had they been allowed to live, behind the hoarding.
You'll get over it.

my first condo development shall be called:

The Mulberry.

Urban Shocker shall be first in line to buy up all the suites. Amenities shall include a mulberry "orchard" park, a kitchen/canning room to turn mulberries into jam, the mullberry boutique cafe/jam store, mulberry tarts.....

btw, i don't think i've ever had mulberry jam before i'll be on the lookout for it at my local groceteria.

back on topic: I wonder what kind of ppl were buying the L?

Interesting post by "Riley" over at SSC.....this is what he said....

"I actually went to the "VIP Broker sale" this weekend, and its not a rumour. I was there until they closed on Sunday (yesterday), and I asked their main sales guy how many units had sold, and he confirmed it was well over 400 out of 470 units. They are now 85-90% sold out, and he says they likely will never build a sales centre (which will save them a lot of money) and there will likely never be a public rollout. Usually they have a "VIP Broker" sale, with very favorable terms for high-yield brokers and their clients, and then later on there would be a normal broker preview, and then finally there would be the general public introduction. (Learned this all from the brokers I spoke to on the weekend). But the VIP Broker sale went so unbelievably well, they are likely not going to have the other two events at all. The tower was priced at around $525 a sq ft, which is incredibly good for this type of project. Festival Tower in comparison, which officially launched to the public the same day, is priced much higher at around $670 a sq ft, and is in my mind a much less desirable location. The current price of the L Tower is even cheaper than the current rate of the condo I live in today, so I'm sure the price will absolutely climb when it can hit the marketplace. I found out about the sale through a different forum, emailed the broker, and ended up going to the temp sales centre at the hummingbird yesterday, and I bought the last south facing one-bedroom and den available, which somehow got missed because the floorplan wasn't even printed in the marketing materials (it was so early they hadn't finalized everything yet). Pretty crazy situation, but its true. All the brokers there that I talked to (I'm not a broker myself) were buying units for themselves and getting their families to buy units. I've never heard of a building that big selling out before it was even introduced to the market, but I was there, and it's true. VERY happy that I was able to buy one!"

Unreal...it seems they priced it very attractively...

I think they priced too low. They could have made larger profits had they sold more units at a later date at a higher price.

I think they priced too low. They could have made larger profits had they sold more units at a later date at a higher price.

Canuck, I think you may be right.....

What are the chances that most of those units get flipped as soon as they legally can be, for a 50% or greater profit? The 'market value' of these units is obviously well above $525/sq. ft. -- maybe above $800/sq. ft.

Bill

Canuck, I think you may be right.....

It wouldn't surprise me if the prices went up during the day as they hit certain sales thresholds. They'd be stupid otherwise.

I could just see some bell going off indicting as each successive sales level is achieved, and with the understood message that all prices are now +$50,000.

Back