Another incredible contribution......thanks, Skyjacked!! :D

Many, many thanks! I think I have learned more about construction techniques from following this thread than from anything else in my life, including being indirectly associated with a construction project through work.

Sorry, I am almost completely uninformed about the windows. Your guess is as good as mine. I take anyone’s projected completion dates with a grain of salt anyway, especially on a complicated building like the L Tower.

Once finished with this project, where do you expect to be sent next? Hopefully we will all benefit from your unique perspective and experience as you work on a new building.

Clouds

This morning ...

[video=vimeo;56166002]http://vimeo.com/56166002[/video]

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Last edited:
^excellent
DSCF8271.jpg

DSCF8263.jpg

Once finished with this project, where do you expect to be sent next? Hopefully we will all benefit from your unique perspective and experience as you work on a new building.

I never know what to expect next DSD. I am enjoying this one while I can. Buildings like this don’t come along very often. I’m happy to be there and glad I can contribute to this thread.

NNE.jpg

Its interesting that the L-Tower skin has gone from one of the most controversial and disliked claddings when it first made an appearance, to one that is almost universally adored around here.

Says something for reserving judgement.

L-Tower will deliver exceptional quality in architecture design, esthetics and workmanship with the combined efforts of big names in the business such as John O'Keef and Alfredo Romano of Castlepoint Development Corp; Sam Crignano, Cityzen Development Group; Fernbrook Homes; Dominus Construction & Development; Munge Leung Interior Design; and world renowned architect Daniel Libeskind.

Building an Icon to honor our great city is no easy task, especially for a residential tower. This engineering marvel will continue to inspire many for years to come.

Thank-you to all the developers, designers, contractors, construction workers, office workers, and photographers who have posted great photos to this forum and created amazing compilations and time laps videos. So many people have made this what it is today. I can't wait for the final completion of L-Tower.

I only wish the Sony Centre will be allowed by the city to renovate the exterior to compliment L-Tower. But that will hopefully be discussed in another thread.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE

Last edited:
How can you not be distracted by these renderings? You are posting Ten York promo renderings in this thread udo.

Pics of or from L-Tower are acceptable. Not pics deliberately promoting other projects.

I support other projects as well, but in the appropriate thread.

I only wish the Sony Centre will be allowed by the city to renovate the exterior to compliment L-Tower. But that will hopefully be discussed in another thread.

I echo your statement however I can't agree with messing anymore with the Sony Centre. It could use a good scrubbing but beyond that it should be left alone, we nearly lost the entire west side already. I think these two great buildings standing side to side compliment each other wonderfully, well, attached actually.

Last edited:
How can you not be distracted by these renderings? You are posting Ten York promo renderings in this thread udo.

Pics of or from L-Tower are acceptable. Not pics deliberately promoting other projects.

I support other projects as well, but in the appropriate thread.

Let me clarify for you that I have no commercial interest in Ten York nor in the L Tower. I am posting on UrbanToronto not to promote anything, but simply for the fun of it, and your response is quite frankly taking quite a bit out of the fun. The pictures you are referring to were linked in from the UrbanToronto database entry for Ten York. I thought them relevant for the L Tower thread because they are gorgeous aerial pictures of downtown Toronto showing off the L Tower in a unique and beautiful way one cannot see without going on a helicopter tour. I respectfully disagree with your opinion that they are inappropriate and not acceptable for this thread.

Last edited:
Let me clarify for you that I have no commercial interest in Ten York nor in the L Tower. I am posting on UrbanToronto not to promote anything, but simply for the fun of it, and your response is quite frankly taking quite a bit out of the fun. The pictures you are referring to were linked in from the UrbanToronto database entry for Ten York. I thought them relevant for the L Tower thread because they are gorgeous aerial pictures of downtown Toronto showing off the L Tower in a unique and beautiful way one cannot see without going on a helicopter tour. I respectfully disagree with your opinion that they are inappropriate and not acceptable for this thread.

Udo, quite frankly (and for what little it may be worth), I wouldn't change a thing on what you do. Your work, among those of others on these threads, are nothing short of magical and is what keeps me coming back every day. Please, don't stop.:D

awesome contributions as always guys. Skyjacked, do you think it would be possible to aim your camera over at the west donlands sometime soon? I'd love to get a full aerial update of the area.

Back