I'm in my third year living in downtown Boston, but I still live Toronto for about four months of the year. I'm not crazy about Boston for a number of reasons, and Toronto will always be where my heart is, but Boston has figured out a lot about how to beautify the downtown core (i.e. the area equivalent to, say, Parliament/Ossington and Queen's Quay/Bloor or Eglinton). When I come back to Toronto I notice more and more how sloppy we've gotten. Makes me sad when I can no longer affirm Americans' comments that, 'Oh, I was in Toronto once; it's so clean!'

Its not just Boston; Many other US cities ...

But here's a question, many folks have this attitude in Toronto I always wonder why wouldn't they simply like living in other cities that do a much better job (I'm not saying folks who live here shouldn't be passionate and attempt to drive change) but re: your "I'm not crazy about Boston" ... curious, why ?

Its not just Boston; Many other US cities ...

But here's a question, many folks have this attitude in Toronto I always wonder why wouldn't they simply like living in other cities that do a much better job (I'm not saying folks who live here shouldn't be passionate and attempt to drive change) but re: your "I'm not crazy about Boston" ... curious, why ?

Who is going to pack up and move, just because our public realm isn't nice? People have emotional attachments to the city they grew up in; as well as family that they have to consider. They're not going to leave their home for such a petty reason.

The framing / mullions for the skylight on the podium is being installed and most of the metal siding is on the smaller entrance just north of there.

This newer design for the podium, unfortunately, doesn't visually relate at all to the tower, I find, but the tower continues to look better and make a greater impact than I expected.

It's funny how every single thread gets derailed as soon as someone mentions anything about power lines.

21 October 2013: My wires got crossed today so it meant I left the zoom lens at home.:(
bi9l.jpg

The vistas up and down Yonge Street are impressive these days in the Financial District. The view of L Tower isn't obscured by a bunch of overhead wires. It's all about the buildings along the street. The cityscape in this photograph looks like that of the best metropolitan cities. It's important to bury overhead wires.

Thanks Rocket. It gets very tiresome when threads get derailed by a topic that is discussed incessantly in so many threads.

The vistas up and down Yonge Street are impressive these days in the Financial District. The view of L Tower isn't obscured by a bunch of overhead wires. It's all about the buildings along the street. The cityscape in this photograph looks like that of the best metropolitan cities. It's important to bury overhead wires.

Well said. Now if they could bury all the other wires covering the city and all those wood and rusted hydro poles all over the city, our city would 200% better.

I agree also. The wires have to go. Most progressive modern alpha cities have moved beyond this stage, certainly when it comes to the city's core.

When we elect people like Rob Ford, it says alot about what our city thinks of stuff like this. Imagine that clown bringing forward a proposal to bury our lines. Never gonna happen. Too much gravy.

When we elect people like Rob Ford, it says alot about what our city thinks of stuff like this. Imagine that clown bringing forward a proposal to bury our lines. Never gonna happen. Too much gravy.

Perhaps we should keep Politics out of development threads. I am getting sick and tired of people mentioning Rob Ford in such threads - can`t we keep the Rob Ford banter where it belongs?

Back