I agree this is the entrance to young street pretty much. How can you ignore retail in this area. The tower looks nice but it does nothing for street level presence.

The garage door doesn't match the blue cladding very closely; I'm surprised they didn't use some sort of custom, frosted glass garage door. The one they used is just your typical garage door, not at all part of the rest of the design.

^ That's what I was thinking. If there was no other place to put it, they could have at least made an effort to have a clever/unique looking garage door. IMO, the podium should have been completely different from the tower in terms of materials and colour. It's trying too hard to match but it's not really working.

We love Cityzen's iconic architecture, but above average attention to detail is expected with exceptional architecture.

Holla everyone :), there is a photo contest for the L Tower in celebration of its upcoming completion date - check it out and enter, top prize is 500$ http://castlepointnuma.com/update/win-500-l-tower-photo-contest/
photo-3.jpg

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,248
They chose to go with a public art plaza, I think well curated meeting places like this do more for the community than retail in a place like this - additionally the building is in the financial district, there isn't much shopping around to support a few (quality) stores there anyway. Most condos DT have convenience stores and the like at the bottom

The retail can always change over time no matter what's there right now. People always need to buy stuff. If they can do it without travelling far, that makes their area better. I'd like to see some curated meeting places surrounded by retail. European public squares are often surrounded by storefront retail on all sides, which makes them incredibly functional and attractive as being both business areas and people places.

The Bottom part is Ugly!................... :/

part of the reason is because they changed the boot bottom from the original design. the city screwed with the design once again and turned a half deceit design into a crapper.

Back