Can you post a picture? I spent a few months in Phnom Penh not that long ago and would be interested to see it.

Sorry, we had an unexpectedly long layover at the airport after a flight from Yangon, waitng for a flight to Siem Reap (the site of Angkor Wat, as you probably remember.). We used left luggage facilities and took a tuk tuk into the city for a quick look round. I had left my camera in the luggage unfortunately. We will be back in Phnom Penh overnight before beginning the long journey back home to Canada but I doubt we will be able to do any more sightseeing.

Sorry, we had an unexpectedly long layover at the airport after a flight from Yangon, waitng for a flight to Siem Reap (the site of Angkor Wat, as you probably remember.). We used left luggage facilities and took a tuk tuk into the city for a quick look round. I had left my camera in the luggage unfortunately. We will be back in Phnom Penh overnight before beginning the long journey back home to Canada but I doubt we will be able to do any more sightseeing.

I think this is the tower that is referred to. I was there two years ago and thought the same thing. It's kind of funny that L tower was about as complete looking then as it still is now.
images.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,340
And continuing right along with the OT material, our taxi drove by the Phnom Penh L Tower sibling tonight which which had a lighting display for the Khmer New Year. The display alternated between streaks of light surrounding the giant numerals 2015 and a full colour rendition of the national flag. I hope L Tower will have at least some lighting feature as a possibility.

Sorry, no photos, Ottawan!

That is weird for a racoon to climb up there, for what reason would it possibly make that effort? strange.

Wow, raccoons branching out of the low-rise market and diversifying into condos now too, I see.

When Ivory On Adelaide was under construction a racoon climbed up onto the crane. They had to stop work for a day until it climbed back down. I have a picture of it somewhere.

Back