Crane will still be up through May, so if we're lucky it will be down just before Pan-Am. Photos taken two days ago.

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 8.13.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 8.12.20 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 8.13.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 8.13.55 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,044
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 8.12.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 8.12.20 PM.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 2,004
Interesting. It's turning into a bit of a joke.

Indeed! The signage at Front/Yonge with the arrow pointing to the entrance to the Faulty Towers production (and the L-Tower) is all too true! No only have they had a crane up far longer than normal, they seem incapable of finishing off their sidewalks or the Claude Cormier 'plaza' that was supposed to be done last summer.

Interesting. It's turning into a bit of a joke.

Maybe a joke for those looking on, but it's a headache for the developers. Everyone wants this done, them too!

As a casual observer... is there a reason why the plaza and public realm is taking so long?

Maybe a joke for those looking on, but it's a headache for the developers. Everyone wants this done, them too!

Yeah, I don't doubt it. But at some point sympathy gives way to pity. As I said above, the inside scoop I heard from someone working in the industry was that there are technical/safety challenges involved in taking this crane down due to poor planning. I obviously can't attest to whether that's remotely true.

From the construction info website : The L Tower crane is currently scheduled to remain in place through June as it is required to facilitate the lift and placement of the rooftop window washing crane assembly. The temporary window washing platform is shown in the photo of the L Tower below. It will be replaced by a permanent platform and crane.

From the construction info website : The L Tower crane is currently scheduled to remain in place through June as it is required to facilitate the lift and placement of the rooftop window washing crane assembly. The temporary window washing platform is shown in the photo of the L Tower below. It will be replaced by a permanent platform and crane.
It would appear that they somehow forgot about the need to wash windows! Keeping the big crane must be costing the developer lots of $$ (and lots of embarrassment) but they do seem rather incompetent and I can't quite see why they are unable to finish the plaza and sidewalks.

What is the building called facing west side of the L it looks like they are doing construction on top. Think the west view will be blocked?

Back