I understand that The Esplanade from Scott to Yonge will finally be repaved in the middle of September and that the streetlights are 'coming'. I am sceptical about the streetlights as THSL are notoriously slow and unreliable but ….

In the real world, accidents happen, and a well documented phenomenon like spontaneous glass breakage is actually specifically a potential side effect of toughening the glass. The alternative is to have regular, non tempered glass that breaks into large shards that will cut someone's entire face and possibly leave them blind; is that what you'd like? Judging by the photo posted, it looks like the glass did its job, and the kid got a few cuts on his arm and leg. Unfortunate, but much more preferable to the potential damage that non tempered glass would've done. I don't think the fault lies in the glass panel, which did its job, nor the manufacturer as the install was clearly successful enough to last the past few years. Maybe we should push for legislation to mandate laminated glass be used at public entry points? I don't know, but you're definitely attributing blame to the wrong party here.

You very well could be right about all of this, but as someone who deals with these sorts of matters on a daily basis, the fact that liability is not clear would not prevent someone from bringing a lawsuit with the aim of securing a settlement. My first reaction was the same as @ADRM's - there could be a lawsuit. I've certainly seen them started over less.

Two people tried to go through the same section of the revolving door at once, and when it got stuck, pushed too hard.

The only crane visible from the south is the L-Tower Service Crane

IMG_0933.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 541
I received a message from a colleague who indicated he thinks the derrick may have finally come down. Anybody in the area that can confirm this?

Yep they are on the way to bringing it all down, I'm getting a little bit misty, all these years....and there it stood, unmovable, implacable, a testament to the concept of man's planning being completely useless in the face of physical reality, good bye derrick crane you did your job and more, you warned gullible condo buyers of over confident developers and you provided comic relief for locals, farewell and happy trails. *sniff* I'm going to the pub.

Is that platform thing at the top going to be removed as well? It seems out of place.

Back