The trailers have been relocated to that new bad and a few crawler cranes have showed up.
DJI_0477.jpg

DJI_0484-2.jpg

DJI_0469.jpg

DJI_0479.jpg

I wonder if the MZO allows the developers to cut a lot of the public realm improvements they promised as well.

I wonder if the MZO allows the developers to cut a lot of the public realm improvements they promised as well.
Wondering the same thing... I have a feeling this whole thing is going to look way different. I thought I read somewhere that the MZO also allowed for some changes to the planned public realm areas but I'm having trouble finding it currently... I was really looking forward to this whole project, and I'm not even really against the density (I don't live near, but do understand the concerns), it just feels like they're going to ruin what was a nice plan

Part of the Cat 5110BL has arrived onsite. The largest sewer configured digging excavator around these parts, weighing in around the 284,000 lb + range. This unit is brought in when high breakout forces are needed in excavations.
View attachment 488866
That thing is a beast requiring several trailers for transport!

Here are a couple of June 25th photos:
1688312776731.jpeg

1688312792679.jpeg

1688312801904.jpeg

Is there any detail yet on how the proponents will be deploying the additional density granted in the MZO?

Is there any detail yet on how the proponents will be deploying the additional density granted in the MZO?
The last I read was a pointer article in early June saying that there were no responses from the prov on any updates regarding the land facilitator. In the tridel showroom, they've switched to citing the 'up to 16k units' figure but they haven't changed anything else in their presentations. They're still talking about the community amenities, features, amd vision in the way they did prior to the mzo (central park, pier, multiple beaches, district energy, 15 minute walkable city etc.) Tridel also confirmed there are no changes planned for Harbourwalk itself based on the MZO. Not sure that's necessarily meaningful. Might be worth trying to reach out to LCPL.

The last I read was a pointer article in early June saying that there were no responses from the prov on any updates regarding the land facilitator. In the tridel showroom, they've switched to citing the 'up to 16k units' figure but they haven't changed anything else in their presentations. They're still talking about the community amenities, features, amd vision in the way they did prior to the mzo (central park, pier, multiple beaches, district energy, 15 minute walkable city etc.) Tridel also confirmed there are no changes planned for Harbourwalk itself based on the MZO. Not sure that's necessarily meaningful. Might be worth trying to reach out to LCPL.
It sounds like the process is rather hamfisted on the part of the provincial government. I had assumed that this was a result of some in depth lobbying but now I am thinking this might not be the case. I don't think the added density is a bad thing in this case, as ~500 residents per hectare is not unreasonable. I am concerned about the thought and care that will go into the design of the community to ensure sufficient services and park space.

Hey @NW87, what's your understanding of what we're looking at in the lovely top-down shot of the field? The concentric rings are rather intriguing…

I was impressed by that. Seeing as the field was not like this early in there year, they must have started to cut the grass in this pattern, if so someone is very good at operating their mower.

Back