Quick question, how is "height" measured in terms of roller coasters? Is it the vertical distance of the track from the apex of the hill to the lowest point (base) of the track at the bottom of the hill measured as a straight veritcal line? For example, if the apex of the track is 500 feet ASL (above sea level) and the base is 200 feet ASL, then the height is 300 feet? This calculation seems more logical than using the length of track between the apex and the base, or any other method used.

Sounds like fun, the one problem is the name it sounds like a drug your doctor would prescribe.

Forget the rest get the best!

PS Just realize what it means, sea monster still wierd for me.

Quick question, how is "height" measured in terms of roller coasters? Is it the vertical distance of the track from the apex of the hill to the lowest point (base) of the track at the bottom of the hill measured as a straight veritcal line? For example, if the apex of the track is 500 feet ASL (above sea level) and the base is 200 feet ASL, then the height is 300 feet? This calculation seems more logical than using the length of track between the apex and the base, or any other method used.

It's measured from its height from the ground. So the very top of the life hill of Behemoth is 230 feet but the drop is about 220 I believe.

This calculation seems more logical than using the length of track between the apex and the base, or any other method used.

Length of the track between the apex and base has nothing to do with the height or drop height, they're calculated by the change in elevation.

Last edited:
The Leviathan website has been updating quite frequently with photos of the construction.

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG00440-20111008-1102.jpg

2012%20September%2025%20016.jpg

Just to put this thing in perspective, Leviathan is already just about taller than the green and yellow coatser in the first photo, Dragon Fire.

Wow, for a second that looked like an MC Escher painting! It looks like the crane goes behind the supports and DragonFyre, but in front of the track itself..

93 meters, 148 km/h. Please change the title, the majority of people on this site are more comfortable with the metric system. Thank you.

Why is it so hard for people to do simple math?
1 mph = 1.6 kph
3.3 feet = 1 meter
(rounded off, but still fairly accurate)
It's not rocket science, yesh.

93 meters, 148 km/h. Please change the title, the majority of people on this site are more comfortable with the metric system. Thank you.
I work both ways because of the business I am in, but the majority of people I know can more easily visualize 306 feet than they can 93 metres. That said, 148km/h is also probably more easy to relate to than 92mph.

Just because you're more comfortable in metric doesn't put you in a position to demand a thread title change.

Back