Crane went up today
IMG_20190629_142903.jpg

There's so much potential for intensification in Liberty Village. The police garage is a hidden, innocuous 2000s warehouse against the rail corridor The large surface Green P lot is most egregious of all surface parking lots.

The police services building next door is not a station. There is no 'muster' that could take place on Fort York grounds. One cannot go to that building for any form of police response - one would be directed to the Fourteen Division station on Dovercourt Road.

The building immediately to the south of the Liberty Market Tower is the police vehicle service centre. The shop performs all the police vehicle regular vehicle maintenance and repairs, along with commissioning (installation of radio, radar, computer and other related equipment necessary for police operations) for a newly arrived vehicle and decommissioning (removal of such equipment) when a vehicle is being retired and disposed.

Obviously, none of these activities need to be conducted in the core of the city - a more remote location would probably be eminently feasible. But, to repeat the point - this is not a traditional 'cop shop', and mustering at Fort York, even on an interim basis, would not be a workable solution to the vehicle service centre's needs.

They bought it for next to nothing after the tech boom bust. It was built as a data centre so they had to put a fair amount into adapting it. They could sell it and probably will someday however, they would need to replace it which isn't going to be cheap either. I don't think there will be that much profit from selling and setting up a new garage.

A zoom-in and flyover:

Toronto Model 11-27-19 Liberty Market.png

Attachments

• Toronto Model 11-25-19 Liberty Market.png
    Toronto Model 11-25-19 Liberty Market.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 736
Last edited:
You're right, I totally screwed that one up! I zoomed in to Fortune at Fort York. I'll have to fix that...

Edit: original post fixed...

Last edited:

Back