Those are just concept plans though. Nothing is actually planned there at this time. That will likely stay a lot for the next 15-20 years.
From my understanding the addition of the new bus terminal is part of the LRT project, to allow LRT to connect better with the GO bus terminal at McMaster. That will likely be moving forward still as part of the LRT project as Metrolinx will want to offer that connection to riders especially under the current government which has been working hard to ensure transit projects have good connection points.

A few from today, March 12:

PXL_20240312_121327059.jpg
PXL_20240312_121444832.jpg

I'm very excited to see this one go up. Will have a big impact on the area and the transit system. Still wishing there was less parking. Students residences should essentially have zero parking, but whatever. Right beside the future LRT and abutting the neighbourhood across the street means we will likely see those plazas redeveloped soon too.

I'm very excited to see this one go up. Will have a big impact on the area and the transit system. Still wishing there was less parking. Students residences should essentially have zero parking, but whatever. Right beside the future LRT and abutting the neighbourhood across the street means we will likely see those plazas redeveloped soon too.
Like the graduate residence downtown, I imagine the garage will function more as a commercial garage for the university and give McMaster flexibility to redevelop their surface lots.

Crane Alert
A section of Traymore Avenue, between Forsyth Avenue and Dalewood Avenue, will be reduced to one lane from 6 a.m. on Monday, May 13, to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14.

This closure of the south lane is required to set up a tower crane for the construction of the new Lincoln Alexander Hall student residence.

https://dailynews.mcmaster.ca/worthmentioning/lane-reduction-on-traymore-avenue/

Back