Great pictures. I think they are starting to do the 7th floor. You can really make out the tower shape from the last floor showing. It should go up much faster now. These pictures really impress and show just what a large footprint this project has. It will be counterbalanced by its height but much larger than one appreciates from looking at a scale model.

You can really make out the outline of the tower in the CN Tower shots.

and the hilton shot too!!! you can really outline everything now! Its turning out much like the renders of the tower (structurally)

You can really see the "chunk" this tower will have on the skyline. fantastic pics!

Hey Steveve, for my future purchase please don't refer to it as a "chunk". LOL
Actually, I agree. It is impressive how massive the project is but the tower portion is now actually visible on the top layer and when it soars 65 stories, it will be impressive but I believe sleek looking. I think this will be really impressive when it is completed.

great to see this project finally getting to the tower phase. That is quite an assortment of photos. You either fly around on a jet pack, or are working hard getting photos on foot, in the car, from other buildings, and flying around town.

12 September 2010: Gonna look great coming out of the subway @Dundas Spring 2011:

dsc00455e.jpg

From Adelaide & Simcoe, S/E corner of University & Adelaide and University south of Richmond, respectively

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

good looking pics! I find myself wishing that the tower was going to be the plum and pink colours of the hoarding... otherwise this scene is rather monochromatic.

More pics from detailing Shangri-La's rise:

The best vantage point to gaze over Shangri-La's site is from the Hilton's scenic elevator.

ShangriLaP1170800.jpg

Boutique rises behind:

ShangriLaHighpano.jpg

From University Avenue, the site looks like this currently:

ShangriLaEastpano.jpg

The second floor room at the corner of University and Adelaide will feature very high ceilings:

ShangriLaP1170814.jpg

The west view of the site along Simcoe Street looks like this:

ShangriLaWestpano.jpg

You can make out the west point of the tower as it starts its first floor above the podium:

ShangriLaP1170840.jpg

Here's Shangri-La from a different angle.. taken yesterday on my mobile from University Plaza:

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 176
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 190
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 182
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg