If you had a unit 60th floor and up. Which corner would you want? South East into financial district and CN Tower/ Lake? South west for lake and saggua? North West or North East for Queens Park and Downtown?

Ostensibly a corner suite should offer up to a 270 degree view-cone, so for me...

...Definitely Northeast. I am a city view lover and for Shangri-La's location the best of that would be the Northeast. You get the best of all worlds. You get the whole downtown and the spine of Yonge Street up to Bloor/Yorkville and then all the way to Eglinton and beyond. You get all the best buildings of the CBD as well as most of the Toronto Islands and even a lot of lake views. You get the view to the Northwest towards High Park, with the expanse of trees and greenery. You get ALL the Sunrises and most of the Sunsets as shown in orange in the below diagram (only missing the sunsets from approximately December to early February) And best of all... you wouldn't have to look at all the crap of City Place. Yay!

(Map courtesy Google Maps found Here )

Naturally, they wanted to impress us all :D

Yeah its called marketing, im sure they did this cause Tiff is in town, they also want the bragging rights for next years show...

How TIFF headquarters and area condos plan to celebrate Toronto’s biggest bash

Condo living can come with fabulous perks — access to a luxurious spa, 24-hour concierge services, maybe even a five-star restaurant in the lobby. But recently, in celebration of the Toronto International Film Festival, developers have been literally rolling out the red carpet to welcome buyers at a number of new condos in Toronto’s entertainment district.
More.....http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/0...dos-plan-to-celebrate-toronto’s-biggest-bash/

I'm tied between North East and South East. Both views get some hardcore CBD action, but southeast a wee bit more of it. The south-east is great because you get a view of the CN tower and Lake Ontario... but North east, you are literally above University Avenue, which will look SPECTACULAR at night... and you get a view of the bloor/yonge area......

Both are a tie.

As i can recall, the Penthouses are divided into West-North-East and West-South-East... And i really really really like the 2 storey, open area, layout of the unit... If i had enough money, I'd purchase BOTH penthouse units, and somehow adjoin them... I prefer Trump's location and privateness of it's penthouse, but i dislike how it doesn't have multiple storey open areas.... I just find those SO cool, especially at such heights.... I also don't like how necessarily big the Penthouse terraces are... waste of space, and like i've said, i prefer glass right up to the edge.

I think South East or North East would be ideal. When you get above the 30th floor you dont actually hear street traffic. I live at Bay and College and only thing you hear is the ambulance, fire or police sirens. Otherwise you dont notice any real noise. We recently had SWAT downstairs for BMO bank robbery. I was upstairs had no clue it even happened.

Ostensibly a corner suite should offer up to a 270 degree view-cone, so for me...

...Definitely Northeast. I am a city view lover and for Shangri-La's location the best of that would be the Northeast. You get the best of all worlds. You get the whole downtown and the spine of Yonge Street up to Bloor/Yorkville and then all the way to Eglinton and beyond. You get all the best buildings of the CBD as well as most of the Toronto Islands and even a lot of lake views. You get the view to the Northwest towards High Park, with the expanse of trees and greenery. You get ALL the Sunrises and most of the Sunsets as shown in orange in the below diagram (only missing the sunsets from approximately December to early February) And best of all... you wouldn't have to look at all the crap of City Place. Yay!

(Map courtesy Google Maps found Here )

Great analysis. This is amazing. I was torn between South and North, but your argument makes decision easy. :)

I'm tied between North East and South East. Both views get some hardcore CBD action, but southeast a wee bit more of it. The south-east is great because you get a view of the CN tower and Lake Ontario... but North east, you are literally above University Avenue, which will look SPECTACULAR at night... and you get a view of the bloor/yonge area......

Both are a tie.

As i can recall, the Penthouses are divided into West-North-East and West-South-East... And i really really really like the 2 storey, open area, layout of the unit... If i had enough money, I'd purchase BOTH penthouse units, and somehow adjoin them... I prefer Trump's location and privateness of it's penthouse, but i dislike how it doesn't have multiple storey open areas.... I just find those SO cool, especially at such heights.... I also don't like how necessarily big the Penthouse terraces are... waste of space, and like i've said, i prefer glass right up to the edge.

Yea everyone is always so intrigued with big balconies and patio. News flash we live in Canada and you can really only enjoy them for 3.5-4 mths. Like the one unit in AURA 1300sq ft patio and a 550 sq ft unit for $1mil+. good luck reselling that

IMO, Aura might not necessarily have the "best" views in the city, but certainly DEAD CENTER on the skyline (if you look at it from north to south)... Perfect balance between the south-end skyline (CBD), and North skyline (Yorkville/Bloor-Yonge). Not to mention, the highest views :) ^^^

It's hard to say which building has the all around best views, but i'd say:

1. One Bloor and Aura
2. Shangri-la and Four Seasons

But personally, I'd prefer the Trump and Shangri-la views more than anything...

If you had a unit 60th floor and up. Which corner would you want? South East into financial district and CN Tower/ Lake? South west for lake and saggua? North West or North East for Queens Park and Downtown?

I believe the developer priced as follows:
Straight East view cheapest, followed by NW view; NE view next, West, followed by SE perhaps it is reversed or similar with the SW being the most expensive.
I guess that is what their marketing people felt anyhow.
Doesn't mean it is right.
I think West, SW command more because you get sun in the afternoon when people are home more than in the morning?

I'm assuming the grey brick is going to be covered over? Let me rephrase that, I hope it will be covered over :p

Mu bet is it will have marble. That is what they put on the Simcoe side over the grey area. I am quite sure it will not be left like that "unfinished".

Point & Shoot yesterday:

ShangriLaP1230969.jpg

ShangriLaP1230970.jpg

ShangriLaP1230971.jpg

ShangriLaP1230972.jpg

ShangriLaP1230974.jpg

Thanks Cruzin!

Back