Naw its cool, I wanted to save that Trump schematic onto my computer as it was.

The 64 & 65 penthouse levels are recessed from the perimeter, with one mechanical level, floor 66, above that(UT only counts occupied floors in it thread titles). With the glass fins extending possibly 3 floors high from the edges.

plugin-Shangri-La_PenthouseSuite02-upper.jpg

http://mycondoguide.ca/shangri-la-toronto/plugin-shangri-la_penthousesuite02-upper/

the "open to below" area is by far the coolest thing ever!!! My guess is these penthouses will be the brightest/most open/cleanest penthouses in the city.... This is tied for #1 as my favorite penthouse in toronto (the other one tied for first place is TRUMP)

This is my #1 by a mile. I know you won't like this steveve but when I buy it I'm having the slab extended in that unusable "open space above" and having a home theatre built in there on the second level. In that location my subwoofer's won't be heard by my neighbours. Only dreaming but it is my favorate plan of any PH that I've seen. Interestingly, there are double the amount of pillars in the newer, revised version of this plan than the first plan that was put out a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
This is my #1 by a mile. I know you won't like this steveve but when I buy it I'm having the slab extended in that unusable "open space above" and having a home theatre built in there on the second level. In that location my subwoofer's won't be heard by my neighbours. Only dreaming but it is my favorate plan of any PH that I've seen. Interestingly, there double the amount of pillars in the newer, revised version of this plan than the first plan that was put out a couple of years ago.

LOL!!! that's such a waste of space imo. the only real things you can do are get a tan, have a fancy BBQ with a bunch of friends, read a book, or surf the internet... that's about it.... I've said this before, but i like my windows extending all the way to the edge.. because you loose your street view (looking straight down) when your windows are pushed far back from the edge... In Shangri-la's case, it looks like almost 30feet in some areas.

That's a personal preference, and I respect that. I'd sell my soul to the devil to have all that space up there for my own private outdoor space. Over 1100 sq. ft. for trees, gardens, a hot tub and a few water features all to myself - just like having a back yard in the sky, but with breath-taking views of the city & lake.

Urbandreamer, that's a great vantage on the CBD. You've inspired me to head out to Lansdowne with a camera and just start walking east on Dundas. Thank you! This view is the best illustration I've seen yet of the impact Trump and Shangri-La have on the skyline.

With 8 floors to go it doesnt seem Shangri La makes that big of an impression, because it stands alone. With Trump atleast you have the other huge office towers as a reference point. :-(

^^^
I somewhat agree with saint that it does not make as much of an impression vertically.

However, I think Trump with the exception of its onion dome disappears into the other towers from a lot of views. Shangrila stands alone as a tall making it visible (though less tall than Trump) from virtually every view.

With 8 floors to go it doesnt seem Shangri La makes that big of an impression, because it stands alone. With Trump atleast you have the other huge office towers as a reference point. :-(

Viewed from the north down University it looks quite impressive to me, but framed with the big bank towers in the skyline it doesn't stand out as much as I initially thought it would. Sharp looking building though and all that angled glass is coming together quite nicely.

Cladding is coming along nicely (sorry bout the cell phone picture quality)
faJ69.jpg

2jQJA.jpg

Im loving the impact Shangri-La already made on University Av; looking southbound from Queens Park.

But driving into the city from the west on the Gardiner, there is not a significant impact to our skyline yet.
I guess these last 8 floors and mechanical will make a difference.

Nice picture, Redroom Studios.

Thanks for posting the picture and congratulations for doing such a fine job.

I had a chance to do a lot of walking yesterday with my husky. About 25km. Realized that Shangri la looks big from close up and against a back drop. But from far away or stand alone at a distance, its size is not really felt.

Back