Terrific shot. It made me come to this realization: Toronto is indeed beautiful. She just needs a little bit of make-up before she goes out.

LOL!... to me, it's more like: Toronto CAN be beautiful... lets not forget the really ugly angles you can find in the city! but yes, it is stunning in this photo. and so is Shangri-la... talk about the amazing location and view this tower has.

****and this DIDN't surpass the Ritz. it's just the perspective, considering Shangri-la is quite a bit further north than the Ritz,

I know, that's why I said 'just about'. Another floor or two and it'll be there.

Shangri-La; 215m/704ft (2-3 floors before top off)
Ritz; 210m/688ft

Last edited:
****and this DIDN't surpass the Ritz. it's just the perspective, considering Shangri-la is quite a bit further north than the Ritz,

In the end, Shangri-la will have about 5m on Ritz, no?

From St. Clair

shangstclair.jpg

I thought that looked like a familiar angle (just need the camera a bit higher, and voila!):

59484161sl0.jpg

As you may have seen from a tweet, we were through Shangri-La earlier today. There's more to come, but here's a first taste of it for you, shot from inside where Momofuku will be.

ShangMomoPano960.jpg

One of the sexiest locales to be. Looks like low-iron glass? Hard to tell what colour the edge of the fin is in - hopefully whiteish. It will be interesting to read up on how they will keep it from leaking.

AoD

Looks like its just about surpassed the Ritz as Toronto's 8th tallest.

Yes, yet again the ranking of the tallest buildings is being shaken up. The frequency with which I have to update my "Tallest buildings in Toronto" Sporcle quiz is really a testament to the construction boom we're in now. For most other cities, you'd probably only have to update it once a decade.

Awesome... and how are the views out, up University and to the FSC for example?

Residents here will have great views no matter what direction they face, and of special note, their balconies are quite spacious too. Obviously today's skies were not the most conducive to breath-taking images, but we will put the best ones we took together for you in the coming days to pore over!

As you may have seen from a tweet, we were through Shangri-La earlier today. There's more to come, but here's a first taste of it for you, shot from inside where Momofuku will be.

I thought that is the amenities area... with the swimming pool just above and to the right. That can't be where restaurant will be. Maybe underneath where you're standing?

just amazing... a very cool big space considering University is right below,.
and ya, IMO, this tower has the most well rounded views out of any project in the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
just amazing... a very cool big space considering University is right below,.
and ya, IMO, this tower has the most well rounded views out of any project in the city.

Please stop quoting photos that were literally just posted.

Back