I love the look of the FSC in the background:

ground level at last?.......pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100213119.jpg

fantastic vantage point. You're def the man we're counting on as this thing grows upwards. Still amazing to think what an impact this is going to make on the west side of the downtown core.

What is the building rising in silence behind the Shangri La site? It is starting to look really good and yet we are focused on what is not even a stump yet lol, poor little building. Again it does look nice though. It looks as if this area will be probably undergo quite the transition for years to come as skyscrapers replace those tiny 2-10 story buildings.

What is the building rising in silence behind the Shangri La site? It is starting to look really good and yet we are focused on what is not even a stump yet lol, poor little building. Again it does look nice though. It looks as if this area will be probably undergo quite the transition for years to come as skyscrapers replace those tiny 2-10 story buildings.

It's Boutique Condos and yes, it looks mighty fine. That project was off my radar until recently too and so I searched it out.

by me

[video=youtube;qHpKJqvBtL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHpKJqvBtL0[/video]

[video=youtube;27oqxhHDm0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27oqxhHDm0I[/video]

Trying to get above ground level

sany18871.jpg

Last edited:
The ground floor of the south side is being poured right now. At least half the site will be at groundlevel soon.

I'll try to get a pic by the end of the day.

sorry to hear about the accident, hope the worker is ok. Thanks for the pics.

You forgot to say caltrane out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So far only 1/4 of the ground floor has been poured but it looks like they're very close on another 1/4 being done soon. But there is a lot of forming up for elevator shafts/stairwells above groundlevel.

4402049130_34e0b36aa0_b.jpg

4401283443_32967d700f_b.jpg

Great photos and videos folks, by early summer this should start to get really interesting.
It's a shame that Boutique is getting buried in behind Shangri-La.

Great photos and videos folks, by early summer this should start to get really interesting.
It's a shame that Boutique is getting buried in behind Shangri-La.

i think boutique's "hiding" is a testament to growth of the city, both physically and aesthetically. i think this is a representation of where toronto wants to be. to have such a large amount of quality architecture and density so that aren;t necessarily shown off but found.

Back