I spent the whole time scrolling through that thinking "all of this just for what will be a little building with a Pizza Pizza?". Then I finally got to the preliminary design and saw it was a pavilion with terraces and a restaurant (plus public washrooms, etc.) built into the hill. Quite cool!
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 2.22.02 PM.png

There are lots of slides, some of which are repeats for regulars of this thread. I will extract a few below for easy reading; but if you want a look at the full deck follow the link provided by Alvin, above.

1653675518489.png

Below, this slide is not really for this project, but it's in their deck and I like it, LOL:

1653675617492.png

1653675644447.png

1653675690120.png

1653675735860.png

1653675799697.png

1653675849399.png

1653675877512.png

Last edited:
Are they not missing a giant opportunity to showcase iconic Toronto skyline from the point. It seems like such a miss to have pavilion orientEd the way it is. Having said that places to sit and enjoy the park are very desirable. Not everyone will be on a bike or canoe.

Are they not missing a giant opportunity to showcase iconic Toronto skyline from the point. It seems like such a miss to have pavilion orientEd the way it is. Having said that places to sit and enjoy the park are very desirable. Not everyone will be on a bike or canoe.

Unless they put the pavilion right on the west shore, the view will be obscured. Plus it looks like the viewing area for the skyline will be pretty significant, so I dont see any way that it will be missed

Do we know when the intersection and new cherry st opens for pedestrians and cyclists?
From the photos it will not be for several weeks yet! The work going on now is only for the new arrangements south of Lake Shore and on Cherry north of it. They still have to do the work over/across the existing Lake Shore and then hook up the new Cherry Street to the new Keating Channel bridge (and THAT work is not expected to be finished until later summer and I suspect much later as the second new bridge over the Keating has not arrived yet.) Clearly some parts of this jigsaw will be completed and in use LONG before all of it.

Very cool!

Is there a diagram somewhere floating around that shows what this intersection will end up looking like? I see a lot of curbs and what looks like areas for bike lanes, but its a bit difficult to understand

I posted a couple of images from the City's head of Cycling, Becky Katz a few months back, in this post, perhaps that would be helpful.

A Waterfront Toronto presentation for Doors Open featuring livestreams from construction web cameras on the Lower Donlands site on May 28th.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. The presenter mentioned that the second Cherry Str Bridge North is coming shortly; anybody knows when is the scheduled arrival?

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. The presenter mentioned that the second Cherry Str Bridge North is coming shortly; anybody knows when is the scheduled arrival?
In the next couple of months, watch this space; you can expect to see frequent updates of its sea trip from Nova Scotia,

Back