I'm very curious what the common pronunciation of Wonscotonach would settle on. This Global News article says its proper pronunciation is "waw-sco-taw-NAWSH". And this song backs that up, though the singing leaves pitch placement ambiguous when spoken.
But my initial read of it as a native Anglo is "wahn-skoh-TAH-natch" (last vowel like snatch, or possibly reduced to something like pitch). I could see lots of people being confused by the n's when the proper pronunciation doesn't seem to use nasal sounds, or by the ch on the end which is used more like it is in French.

The Don or Wonscotonach Estuary works.

I'm very curious what the common pronunciation of Wonscotonach would settle on... I could see lots of people being confused by the n's when the proper pronunciation doesn't seem to use nasal sounds, or by the ch on the end which is used more like it is in French.

It can become another Toronto shibboleth, so you can tell whether the speaker is a local or not, like "Baby Point" or "Spadina" (or "Toronto" itself)

It can become another Toronto shibboleth, so you can tell whether the speaker is a local or not, like "Baby Point"
As someone who has lived here over 40 years (albeit north east part of the city)...Never heard about this one (It's pronounced Babby point for those who didn't know).
or "Spadina"
I think this one depends if you're talking about the museum or the street? seems to me the house/museum had the ee sound.
(or "Toronto" itself)
I'm pretty sure i got this down.

Canada geese!

Some shots of the emerging playground structures on the southeast side of Commissioners and Old Cherry.
IMG_7435.jpeg
IMG_7436.jpeg
IMG_7437.jpeg
IMG_7438.jpeg
IMG_7439.jpeg
IMG_7440.jpeg
IMG_7441.jpeg

I can see a debate forming of to allow for erosion or not for erosion, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to let the river suffer... 🙀

I think the whole area is designed NOT to have erosion - without encasing the river in concrete..
It's a tricky call though. On one hand one would want the river to flow and ebb as naturally as possible...while at the same time, without washing massive costing for this project out into depths of the respective lake. So I guess it's creating fixed obstructions as naturally as possible based on how river dynamics work...and hope a family of beavers don't show up to reroute it all. >.<

Reactions: DSC
Speaking of the Don...

Can anyone direct me to a thread about the 'clear-cutting' of the trees in the Don Ravine? Where is this happening the most right now?

Was thinking of taking some aerial shots of it.

Back