Who invited Doug Ford to Urban Toronto?
Why is expressing an opinion an invitation to compare the commenter with a thoughtless vulgar pol?

Is this a discussion forum or a fan club for the prevailing opinion of the 'in' crowd? And from a mod no less.

I don't agree with everything I read here, but I read it all.

Not one person on this forum likes the course of American political discourse because if you disagree with a certain train of thought what you think is wrong or bad or worse it becomes personal and the speaker is wrong or bad or stupid for having expressed herself or himself.

One used to agree to disagree.

I didnt hold Rob Ford in high esteem. I don't hold Doug in high esteem. I don't think much of Donald Trump. Expressing an opinion in a discussion forum should not peg someone with that taint.

Can we please have a "complaints about cyclists and cycling infrastructure" thread and everyone who actually enjoys arguing about that crap can go do it there? I've given up on the cycling infrastructure thread because of the constant arguments and now it's infected the Queens Quay thread and this one too.

Can we please have a "complaints about cyclists and cycling infrastructure" thread and everyone who actually enjoys arguing about that crap can go do it there? I've given up on the cycling infrastructure thread because of the constant arguments and now it's infected the Queens Quay thread and this one too.
The problem is there are two sides to the argument and not everyone wants to bow down to the other side. The people that dislike the Cycling lanes have ther reasons just like the ones that like them have ther reasons.

The problem is that one of our members decided it was time for another diatribe against bike lanes in this thread, and suddenly this thread became yet another one choked by the debate on their merits. It would make sense to fight about bike lane policy in a dedicated thread, and keep the project threads focused on the details of the project. Further posts about the merit of bike lanes in this thread will be deleted.

The problem is that one of our members decided it was time for another diatribe against bike lanes in this thread, and suddenly this thread became yet another one choked by the debate on their merits. It would make sense to fight about bike lane policy in a dedicated thread, and keep the project threads focused on the details of the project. Further posts about the merit of bike lanes in this thread will be deleted.

Yes, I realise that a free exchange of opinion is a good idea but there does probably need to be a bit more mod-ing to prevent people hi-jacking threads to rant on their favourite topics. Thanks!

I happen to enjoy the updates in this thread as it pertains to the ramp and park; any new pics from the weekend?
Not much happened last week. The ramp has not been touched with the exception of the barriers on the already-completed section. The rest of the road is nearly identical to the prior pictures.

Got a few shots today and as noted, nothing new at all.

The only thing I see new is the completion of the wall barrier for the off ramp and conduit being install west of York.

Sept 10
36348951254_90ffcd666e_b.jpg

36371475533_d7d2869ebe_b.jpg

36787943470_940d4ca246_b.jpg

36787938270_7eb597c836_b.jpg

36787927780_5f7a9ec1f8_b.jpg

36348939404_2f2c468f3d_b.jpg

36371457683_e60e535e7b_b.jpg

37185479635_3154f05a79_b.jpg

Is there a lane to left turn on York street?
Yes, the current north left lane.

Once all traffic lanes are done from Yonge to York, you will have an westbound lane in the current north left lane and only 2 straight through lanes with a left hand turning lane at Bay and Yonge.

Back