I'm not a lawyer either but I think that when a condominium is first registered, the developer acts as the president and secretary of the condo board for three months following registration, until the first annual general meeting takes place and the owners in turn elect the condo board members among themselves.

I'm not sure where the legal room is for enforcing a contract made in those three months following registration and prior to turnover to an owner-elected condo board. It will technically have been made by the condo corporation, not the developer.

During occupancy, there is of course no condominium corporation. It's roughly equivalent to rental and the developer as a landlord.

During registration of the condominium corporation the developer selects the first board of directors. These are often staff who are in charge of warranty repairs plus the GM.

When the majority of units have been sold (by quantity, not value or floor area) a turn-over meeting must be held within 21 days where residents/owners are required to select their own board and receive the corporations' documents. Units owned by the development corporation do not get a vote (or consideration for quorum) in the new board. Units which the development corporation sold to another company owned by the developer, family, employees, or friends (repeat investors) do have full rights, are often in the first batch sold, and typically vote as a block (that is, the first board may still be developer friendly).

Last edited:
Feb 21
Which colours for this tower??

The land is clear and ready to start excavation.
51902999349_f1ac841cf4_b.jpg

img]

Back