I also heard that the developer's financing has been secured, and that delays notwithstanding, the project is proceeding. If this is true, then I am happy to hear it as that part of King St is full of potential.

I also heard that the developer's financing has been secured, and that delays notwithstanding, the project is proceeding. If this is true, then I am happy to hear it as that part of King St is full of potential.

That is good news. I agree that it is a wonderful part of King St. Hopefully the great location will ensure that the units hold their value a tad better in this
ongoing Recession.

January 30

They are digging deeper. They are going five levels down.
3242820258_2efcd54143_b.jpg

3242820272_db41fc9e71_b.jpg

3242820284_52172e1d9a_b.jpg

TAS circulated a letter to buyers this month stating that the project was delayed, and occupancy is expected to be in May of 2011. Of course, that means November 2011 with any luck.

A buyer allowed me to read the letter, and have to say it was odd and rambling, and did not inspire confidence or comfort. A strange, unprofessional, and truly strange letter.....

Finally got my letter mentioned above--it states completion date to be MARCH 2011 and says that it could be accelerated. They will soon have a "Purchaser Portal" up on the internet which will keep us up to date on the construction, via pics etc. That will be good....

February 7th - all kinds of dust floating out onto King. Sounds like plenty of digging was happening.

Finally got my letter mentioned above--it states completion date to be MARCH 2011 and says that it could be accelerated. They will soon have a "Purchaser Portal" up on the internet which will keep us up to date on the construction, via pics etc. That will be good....

I guess they have staggered delivery - the letter I saw was for a unit on the high twenties ...I am guessing your suite is a bit lower?

Certainly seems like there is activity on site. Purchasers will surely benefit from the proximity to the more prestigious Festival Tower and Ritz Carlton developments.

Any word on Charlie, across the street?

I guess they have staggered delivery - the letter I saw was for a unit on the high twenties ...I am guessing your suite is a bit lower?

Certainly seems like there is activity on site. Purchasers will surely benefit from the proximity to the more prestigious Festival Tower and Ritz Carlton developments.

Any word on Charlie, across the street?

Yes mine is on 19--so you could be right....

February 15 2009 update

really good progress being made here ... seems like they're close to the bottom (if not already) :)

IMG_3383.jpg

Things seemed to have picked up dramatically in the past 2 weeks !

Looks like 4 out of 5 floors are dug up so far.

My girlfriend bought a unit on the 7th floor and received a letter stating tentative occupancy to be January 2011.
I dropped by the site last week and spoke to a construction worker who said they only had 2 more metres to complete 5 levels down. I would imagine a crane will be built on site this spring.
I am very glad that construction seems to be going ahead at a slightly accelerated pace compared to the feet dragging of the last year.
Go M5V go!

When my girlfriend purchased her unit they had a promotion where you get a $5000 gift certificate for Fluid Living. Obviously, she was planning to use it upon moving into M5V to get some new furniture (or a single chair as the place was expensive).
I just happened to drive by the Fluid Living location at Bathurst and Niagara. The place seemed sparse and the sign was missing. When i got home i checked their website and it no longer exists. Does anyone know if Fluid Living went bankrupt?
What do you think M5V should do to compensate her for the $5000 if Fluid Living is no longer living? Upgrades? Gas line and BBQ? Opinions appreciated.

When my girlfriend purchased her unit they had a promotion where you get a $5000 gift certificate for Fluid Living. Obviously, she was planning to use it upon moving into M5V to get some new furniture (or a single chair as the place was expensive).
I just happened to drive by the Fluid Living location at Bathurst and Niagara. They place seemed sparse and the sign was missing. When i got home i checked their website and it no longer exists. Does anyone know if Fluid Living went bankrupt?
What do you think M5V should do to compensate her for the $5000 if Fluid Living is no longer living? Upgrades? Gas line and BBQ? Opinions appreciated.

Don't just assume she will be compensated...

Oh I'm sure they would try to give you SOMETHING to make up for it.
Probably not 5K worth but perhaps half that, to show good faith.
I'm sure they had good intentions--the furniture store probably sold the 5K package to them at a huge discount to get the advertising.

OR they could say we gave you the gift certificate xxx months ago and you could have used it during that time ... SOL !

Back