I love the building as well, thats why I bought my unit. I have been out of town for several months, and rumors aside, how is the market REALLY doing?? Does anyone know? Do you think these M5V units will hold their pre-construction value by completion date?

reports of the economy's death have been greatly exaggerated

March 13

IMG_03-13-09-0058.jpg

IMG_03-13-09-0059.jpg

IMG_03-13-09-0060.jpg

Wow thats one deep hole for a 30 storey building. also looks like it wont be long before the crane goes up. I take back a couple of negative remarks i made regarding this development in earlier posts. :eek:

Having have worked for TAS on custom homes, I'm really curious to see how this thing ends up looking, feeling, and being.

What I'm trying to say is: I wouldn't let them build my house if they paid me. :)

I'm interested in seeing the detailing and finishes when it's all said and done.

And seeing how 'Zed' turned out, I'm quite concerned too. Hope there's a quick learning to being a developer

And seeing how 'Zed' turned out, I'm quite concerned too. Hope there's a quick learning to being a developer

Well, some never learn, I'd say.

I'm not familiar with 'Zed' and didn't know that they had a previous condo development as I'm only familiar with their custom homes but they've been in the development game as long as I can remember from when our company had dealings with them back in the mid-90s which is as far back as I can remember them being mentioned and seeing their developments.

I should mention though: I'm not trying to single out TAS as a purveyor of shoddily-built custom homes. I don't like most of the custom homes builders we deal with. Very shoddy workmanship and more often than not, planning that complies with minimum standards. It isn't just TAS.

Last edited:
TAS, however, along with Freed, has the best designs for condo towers. Giraffe, for example.

Lanterra's moving up with Murano and Maple Leaf Square. And Context has produced some real winners too.

TAS, however, along with Freed, has the best designs for condo towers. Giraffe, for example.

I'm going to agree with this statement but also add that a good number of the problems I find with their custom homes at least are design-related.

But yeah, Giraffe is sexy.

Wow, thanks for the pics. Clearly their financing is in place and things are moving along....I heard as much, and that the lender had actually been reviewing old sales agreements, and requesting updated mortage approvals from purchasers.

Wow, thanks for the pics. Clearly their financing is in place and things are moving along....I heard as much, and that the lender had actually been reviewing old sales agreements, and requesting updated mortage approvals from purchasers.

I don't understand this. They have one mortgage commitment already per unit, even if the lender gets them all again, what good are they for a 2011 occupancy?
Is this normal?

Back