^Perhaps Fly will spur some much needed TLC for the warehouse, either directly or indirectly. I agree that the building is a missed opportunity in it's current condition.

Certainly some section 37 funds are on their way to improving Clarence Square, maybe from both Fly and M5V?

Also Victory and Charlie?

Potentially millions coming this park's way.

It would be so nice to see an elegant little city park here, one that compliments the heritage row to the north.

This is a place where I could see commercial working well. I'd love if all those rowhouses were smart little restaurants.

That could happen. One of them is a neat little hostel. There's a clothing boutique in there, too. There used to be a frou-frou veterinary clinic, but it moved a few blocks north on Spadina.

One of them close to the Petro Canada station caught on fire about a month ago...

Last edited:
I'd love to see them put a nice little fountain in the middle of the park with some benches arranged in a circle. This park has always had the potential to be something truly special.

pic by Jasonzed at SSC.....

20100502147.jpg

Wow! This one really took off quickly once it got into the typical floors.

Here is another rendering with the correct floor count:

The render is the full 34 floors and with the slight alterations to the base. This is how the final building should look, and it does look good. I scanned the image for your viewing pleasure.
m5vcondomag.jpg

This is a place where I could see commercial working well. I'd love if all those rowhouses were smart little restaurants.

Great idea, but I think getting rid of the gas station, or both gas stations, would be the best first step in making the park and the area around it more urban and inviting. Then the restaurant idea could work a lot better, nobody wants to eat next to a gas station.

Back