thanks chaps. i think it is a good looking building too, its my first place so i cannot wait lool

Saw Scavolini and marble deliver trucks. I suppose they are dropping of the kitchen counters and cabinets. Hopefully M5V is on schedule for opening june/july.

I do have to say i am very disappointed in the cheap looking beige aluminum siding they put on both east/west sides of the building. Why aluminum and not prefab concrete? I think that was a terrible decision on the part of M5V. Any opinions?

I do have to say i am very disappointed in the cheap looking beige aluminum siding they put on both east/west sides of the building. Why aluminum and not prefab concrete? I think that was a terrible decision on the part of M5V. Any opinions?

I completely agree. The cheap aluminum siding is hideous no matter from where you're looking at it. They could have done a much better job with precast as you say, or at least some other material that has texture or some visual appeal.

Does anybody know what type of retail/restaurant/cafe will be at street level of M5V? I haven't even heard rumours so I am curious.

King Street hoarding being dismantled.

5614063958_c2ec67c0cd_b.jpg

something tells me those concrete columns are going to be left unfinished along King Street .... yuk ~

Assuming they refinish the concrete columns (makes sense to wait for the hoarding to come down before doing that, btw), then I think this is turning out better than the renders. Most agree that changes above street level probably took a step back. But here, at street level (where it counts most, IMO), looks good.

At least paint/stain them. Geez.

Or if not paint, do something so they don't look like the building was abandoned mid-construction.

Building looks amazing now that the hoarding is down. great street level presence. I am waiting to see what the builder does with those columns before i comment

Here is a picture that i believe confirms that they WILL be painting the columns and exposed concrete with paint and/or a textured coating. The picture below shows them testing different colours and textures.

paintsamplessmall.jpg

Attachments

• paintsamplessmall.jpg
    paintsamplessmall.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for posting that. I walked by today and thought "I should take a pic of that for UT", but then I thought "too cold and windy to stop".

Anyways, I vote for top row middle.

Back