Love the feature on M5V. Any more interior pictures that didn't make the article that you can post here?

I try to ignore that thing called a roof but I just can't. My eyes, my eyes! Seriously though. WTF were they thinking here?

Here are some random examples of concrete as an interior surface, since some of you are having such a hard time visualizing it. Note that these are just examples and I'm not defending the workmanship done at M5V.

concrete-home-interior.jpg

Stripped-down minimalism:

dean%20kaufman_dwell1.jpg

blauveltwinterresidence.jpg

concrete-home-2.jpg

Notice how the uneven formwork in these examples actually contributes to the character of the ceiling:

rugquestion111908.jpg

19992270_4nAGmB81_c.jpg

This is a bit extreme:

concrete-house-plan-interior.jpg

Last edited:
“It all starts with the doors,” says Khabouth, pointing to oversized, ornate dark wood doors with elaborate gold handles. “That’s the first thing people see. Impressions count.”

Khabouth’s style is Prince of Persia meets Philippe Starck. In his restaurants, velvet and gold accents and dangling beaded curtains clash with angular granite and glass, recreating the Persian lounge for the 21st century.

Not surprisingly, the new project will be opulent, with a distinctly nightclub vibe.

Bisha’s hotel will have two themed floors: a black and red themed Rock and Roll floor, and a Hollywood Floor with a Beverley Hills vibe. Like his clubs, there will be a huge amount of space — 30,000 square feet devoted to amenities including food and beverage and a fitness centre."

Love the exterior shots--thank you--but interesting how Bisha (Lifetime Developments also) capitalize on the impact of the "ornate wood doors" in the lobby.
I want mine! Why were the wooden entrance doors held out as a selling feature but are now nowhere to be seen?
We must insist on this feature!

for sure, I'm moving in on Nov and I expect to see some wooden doors when I walk in! I'm sure with enough tenant support it will get done.

Here are some random examples of concrete as an interior surface, since some of you are having such a hard time visualizing it. Note that these are just examples and I'm not defending the workmanship done at M5V.

Looks ugly and "unfinished" IMO.

It never ceases to amaze me how developers do less work and sell it as trendy. I would hate to have an 'exposed concrete' ceiling. In a factory perhaps, but not in my house.

IMO people who are into "traditional" or country doll house interiors shouldn't be buying modernist/contemporary condos to live in anyway. It's pretty funny looking at pictures of suites in these new buildings decorated with huge ornate victorian armoires and couches.

well 'taste' is very subjective. I personally really like exposed concrete because I like the mechanical, utilitarian, minimalistic look. But I understand not everyone shares that view.

Yeah, I personally think the look is better suited to open lofts, but developers seem to be pushing the look in small condo spaces. I guess most people want to associate their living spaces with that type of look anyway, but realtor galleries on MLS are often a horror show of tasteless choices. There's no mistaking when things clash.

The most common complaints about minimalist contemporary and modernist interiors is that they feel "cold" and uninviting, but that's often a failure on the decorator's part to utilize texture. The Scandinavians are masters in that area.

Last edited:
The red utility box was partially lit yesterday evening. Very cool.

Back