Definitely moving along quickly now. It'll be quite a different view down King St. once M5V, Charlie and the Festival Tower complete.

Anyone casting bets on how long the other low level buildings will last or which will go first once M5V. Charlie, Festival Tower, Theater Tower, and the site across from the Hyatt are completed?

The buildings that contain restaurants are hopefully protected, but I'd say the MEC building's days are numbered. Probably the former M5V sales centre as well. The new sales centre is already going to be rebuilt for retail purposes, but only three stories. I think the Shoppers Drug Mart building has been sold, as well, but I might be wrong about that.

The restaurant row was all added to the inventory of heritage properties last year, probably in response to development pressures in the area. I would be surprised if MEC abandoned a 12-year-old purpose built structure any time soon - I think they would get some bad press over that.

The restaurant row was all added to the inventory of heritage properties last year, probably in response to development pressures in the area. I would be surprised if MEC abandoned a 12-year-old purpose built structure any time soon - I think they would get some bad press over that.
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they had expressed interest in moving, but I might be way off on that.

Edit: yes, it was definitely just speculation that I was remembering. Still, they're sitting on an extremely valuable plot of land.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they had expressed interest in moving, but I might be way off on that.

Edit: yes, it was definitely just speculation that I was remembering. Still, they're sitting on an extremely valuable plot of land.

yes but where would they move to considering any plot of land within the city of TO is expensive these days, unless they went to the outer GTA.

Recent pic

4398921984_eb06ddfe52_b.jpg

Yes, especially because such a big deal was made of the environmental considerations put into their building. Tearing a structure down and building something else ten years later is probably not going to happen.

And it's not as if every building has to be 30 stories there... just the infill. Even if they just fill in all the parking lots, this area will be plenty dens and high in a decade.

Have any buyers been contacted by Lifetime or TAS recently? A few buyers I know are kind of nervous that the change of ownership might dilute the product that TAS was pushing...

With the concrete and silver mullions, I really hope this project has a raw, simple feel to it like the one beside the pink UMBRA store in Queen West.

Have any buyers been contacted by Lifetime or TAS recently? A few buyers I know are kind of nervous that the change of ownership might dilute the product that TAS was pushing...

we have been contacted and it looks like they (tas/lifetime) are delivering most of what they promised. some of the upgrade selections seem to be missing from the original ideas (led lighting, electronic room control systems, etc). however, that issue happens at many condos developments. to see if the ownership change truly dilutes things we will have to wait and see. i really hope it does not.

I'd love to have a unit in the podium here, looking right down on King Street.

Back