`
m5vv.jpg

I guess they'll be picking up even more dead birds smacking into the overhang/projecting glass.

Hey Jason, thx for all the terrific updates today and yesterday!

So the LEED-preferred mechanical room in the middle of the building has been moved to the roof so that a few more units could be added?
That's really disappointing.

I was curious about seeing the balcony on that upper level (of that middle slot) and how thick the frames are.
Maybe if there is some hope the mechanical still exist on that lower level which will still be red but continues upwards to form the railing/parapet of the upper level (which are now presumably more units).

I really like the original design with the bright red solid panels instead.

Last edited:
From the looks of it - and this is purely guesswork on my part - they might have reduced the need of the midlevel mechanical space. It's odd that they have put in cladding for the top half of the original mechanical area but not the bottom one - when the cladding outside that area is already complete.

AoD

The original mech section added a lot to the aesthetics of the building and it's unfortunate that they didn't simply use red cladding there once they decided to swap in the units instead.

It might not have been exactly the same, but I think there would be much less of a sense of a missed opportunity.

Maybe they'll use red balcony glass. Still won't have quite as pronounced an effect, but would have some effect nonetheless.

Recently spoke with an M5V employee. Apparently, the mechanical room is still part of the plan. Final product should look like the model/render. It's just still at an early stage. Not sure what that means exactly, but sounded reassuring.

The new Condo Docs explain what we've been questioning: the mechanical room has been cut down from two floors (level 15 and 16) to one floor only (level 15). The extra space on level 16 has been made into a new unit, that's the one that we saw in the photos with glass windows and balcony. On level 15, the mechanical space has also been cut down, leaving room to create one more unit next to it.

It seems that they will still do the red part but it will cover only one floor (level 15), plus, hopefully (but probably not), the balcony of the floor above (level 16).

Attached are the plans from the old Condo Docs (Oct 1, 2006) and the new Condo Docs (Dec 1, 2009).

Old Condo Docs:

oldcondodocs_level15.jpg

oldcondodocs_level16.jpg

New Condo Docs:

newcondodocs_level15.jpg

newcondodocs_level16.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is about profit... squeezing in as many units as possible. :S

Won't that be very noisy for the nearby units? Or is it really state-of-the-art soundproofing?

Aguduser: thank you very much for that post. If there's anything we appreciate on UT, it's informed content.

5 stars.

Back