seems like we're hearing the same complaints about poor quality and workmanship as Murano ... coincidentally a Lanterra project also ~

Solaris, I disagree with this point. From the units I've seen in Murano most are just fine (the ones without any upgrades are bland, but certainly aren't substandard in terms of workmanship). Mine in particular had a very very short Tarion 30 day list and all those issues were taken care of within a matter of weeks. Not sure where all the complaints are apparently coming from as virtually all my neighbours are very very happy with Murano. Any units where there were a significant amount of upgrades look fantastic.... there are of course some people who will never be satisfied, and there are of course some trades that are worse than others and mistakes are made - the key issue is if they are rectified in an appropriate amount of time.

Last edited:
I had a chance to walk through the 'mall' area of the building and it is quite underwhelming. There are only four retail spots on the ground floor (the sports clothes store, the big sports bar, TD bank and another unnamed restaurant). The basement is an escalator to Longos and the upper level are offices (and the second floor of the sports bar). The indoor space is basically a short hallway. The materials and design scream "corporate" and utilitarian.

One is out of luck if you want a quick bite before or after a game, or if you are in the area (a few quick food spots would have been nice. I am not sure where anyone in the offices or the Telus building can grab lunch).

I was hoping for something a little more, well, interesting aesthetically than "1990's PATH". A lost opportunity for some design flare.

I don't even consider MLS to be a mall. The interior hall is more of a lobby than anything, albeit a sterile one.

As far as quick food spots go, there is still Union with Harvey's, McD's, etc. In Telus there is a new Fit For Life restaurant. Over at Infinity there's a Subway and Panago (5 mins for a personal pizza, not too long of a wait). I agree something quick in MLS would have been nice, but there are still a few new options for those going to a game at ACC or SkyDome and office workers going out for a quick lunch. Perhaps Ice will add some more.

I don't even consider MLS to be a mall. The interior hall is more of a lobby than anything, albeit a sterile one.

As far as quick food spots go, there is still Union with Harvey's, McD's, etc. In Telus there is a new Fit For Life restaurant. Over at Infinity there's a Subway and Panago (5 mins for a personal pizza, not too long of a wait). I agree something quick in MLS would have been nice, but there are still a few new options for those going to a game at ACC or SkyDome and office workers going out for a quick lunch. Perhaps Ice will add some more.

Meh, I'm not on the same page here ... Telus will have a food court - the office building across the street will have a food court.

And regarding the interior, I was quite fond of it, nothing impressive, but I'm not sure why anyone was expecting a mall here - from the beginning we knew it'd only be a few stores - as evident in the plans.

Meh, I'm not on the same page here ... Telus will have a food court - the office building across the street will have a food court.

And regarding the interior, I was quite fond of it, nothing impressive, but I'm not sure why anyone was expecting a mall here - from the beginning we knew it'd only be a few stores - as evident in the plans.

Pre-construction, two-thirds of the retail space had been leased to MLSE and Longos...add in the TD and there really wasn't/isn't room for much more!

Solaris, I disagree with this point. From the units I've seen in Murano most are just fine (the ones without any upgrades are bland, but certainly aren't substandard in terms of workmanship). Mine in particular had a very very short Tarion 30 day list and all those issues were taken care of within a matter of weeks. Not sure where all the complaints are apparently coming from as virtually all my neighbours are very very happy with Murano. Any units where there were a significant amount of upgrades look fantastic.... there are of course some people who will never be satisfied, and there are of course some trades that are worse than others and mistakes are made - the key issue is if they are rectified in an appropriate amount of time.

I think what hurts Murano is so many people (investors) chose the most basic features and had 0 upgrades. I've seen units with 0 upgrades and others with a number of upgrades and they look nothing alike. I personally think Lanterra's finishes are nothing spectacular but they also weren't asking an arm and a leg when Murano was first launched. Pricing was extemely low so you really get what you pay for. I still feel that Lanterra cut corners though and the same issues seem to pop up from building to building (poor soundproofing)...but most builders have the same issues anywyas, which is a whole other discussion.

As far as MLS, the trees are a nice touch. Area should look crazy once Ice and 18 York is done....holy wind tunnel though lol.

Currently open in the 'food court' at Telus is Charbucks, Fit for Life, a dental office and an International News. One restaurant and coffee shop does not make up a food court. There may be some other tenants moving in, but i don't recall more than 1 or 2 empty spaces in Telus.

Thanks for agreeing with me that MLS is not a mall.

There's also a Sushi Shop open in the Telus lobby. A restaurant is under construction at the east end of the lobby.

Maple Leaf Square will have a fine dining restaurant at the northwest corner of the ground floor, and the huge Real Sports Bar and Grill will take up the southeast corner of both the ground and second floors. The floor plans found inside the galleria also show 'Restaurant' for another smaller second floor space across the hall from Real Sports... so maybe that will be a walk-up fast food style counter.

few pics I took last wednesday!
IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1927.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg

Last edited:
haha! MLS actually looks really good with a spire :D.. it looks better imo...

Hey I agree Steveve. It looks Tokyo-like in that pic, as if Godzilla should jump out from behind and rip the tower off and throw it at an army helicopter! LOL

There's also a Sushi Shop open in the Telus lobby. A restaurant is under construction at the east end of the lobby.

Maple Leaf Square will have a fine dining restaurant at the northwest corner of the ground floor, and the huge Real Sports Bar and Grill will take up the southeast corner of both the ground and second floors. The floor plans found inside the galleria also show 'Restaurant' for another smaller second floor space across the hall from Real Sports... so maybe that will be a walk-up fast food style counter.

When I went through yesterday I noticed that there were still a few units that were 'unoccupied'. For example there is one small space on the second floor across from the realsports bar

Back