From the ICE groundbreaking tonight. The red is motion activated.

MLSEBridge-May13,10(1).jpg

MLSEBridge-May13,10(2).jpg

MLSEBridge-May13,10(3).jpg

If this is part of the public art, then I hope the artist pressured the developer for a maintenance clause, so we don't lose all this art 20 years from now. Michael Hayden learned the hard way with his piece at Yorkdale Station.

If this is part of the public art, then I hope the artist pressured the developer for a maintenance clause, so we don't lose all this art 20 years from now. Michael Hayden learned the hard way with his piece at Yorkdale Station.

Well the developer isn't really responsible after the project is complete and registered. It will be up to the building owners in the future to maintain the public art.

Last edited:
Most of the talk seems to be about the outside. We did our finished MLS unit inspection this week and for 1/2 million $$$$ the finishing is pretty bad. Enen the $1,000 we paid in upgrades are finished poorly. The fine workmansip is bad. Ceiling and wall drywall joins are highly visable, walls not level or even flat, the bathroom caulking is too thick and lumpy. There are no baesboards just slopply painted 1 x 2" chipwood pcs. Very disappointed. The inspection assistant just rushed us through the process. Very disappointed. At the time of purchase the sales agent said some questions we had would be addressed as we got closer to finishing = at the disign center whan picking out our finishes we were tolf questions would be answered at the inspection - at the inspection we were told they knew nothing and could do nothing!! what the H?? lwarmed the hard way, good thing it is for rent I wouldn't life in it. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Oh yeh, at the time of the sale 5 years ago we were very clearly told to other building would be coming up in front of the south tower - now ICE has 2 that will block the vbiews we paid for!! Very disappointed!!

Most of the talk seems to be about the outside. We did our finished MLS unit inspection this week and for 1/2 million $$$$ the finishing is pretty bad. Enen the $1,000 we paid in upgrades are finished poorly. The fine workmansip is bad. Ceiling and wall drywall joins are highly visable, walls not level or even flat, the bathroom caulking is too thick and lumpy. There are no baesboards just slopply painted 1 x 2" chipwood pcs. Very disappointed. The inspection assistant just rushed us through the process. Very disappointed. At the time of purchase the sales agent said some questions we had would be addressed as we got closer to finishing = at the disign center whan picking out our finishes we were tolf questions would be answered at the inspection - at the inspection we were told they knew nothing and could do nothing!! what the H?? lwarmed the hard way, good thing it is for rent I wouldn't life in it. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Oh yeh, at the time of the sale 5 years ago we were very clearly told to other building would be coming up in front of the south tower - now ICE has 2 that will block the vbiews we paid for!! Very disappointed!!

You can't really ever believe sales agents...and as far as views...if there's a parking lot located in front of you...best believe something is going up there.

Hopefully your issues will be addressed but I've seen some interior pics of the units and really wasn't impressed. The whole project is rather bland to me. A lot of these builders need to be put on blast for delivering a subpar product. Wouldn't be surprised if buildings started collapsing due to the constant cheapenign and cutting corners.

I once got fired from a job site for being a perfectionist about finishing details in a unit. It's not just the builder's fault--it's the way the business is built. Although actually maybe it is the builder's fault, judging by the crazy number of lawsuits that go on between contractors and builders. So it's no wonder given builder's history of screwing contractors out of money that workers would rush the job.

Back