Views of the area just a few years back.

Post Office Building viewed from York Street
acc2sm.jpg

From la tower.
fromcnsm.jpg

View through scaffolding of ACC under construction.
acc3sm.jpg

and before even that...

Overgrown brownfields around tower base...
cnyardsm.jpg

View towards site of rising Telus Tower. Note crane on top of BCE (cough!) place.
cnyard2sm.jpg

The physical quality of the last two photos make them look like they are from 1900.

Another crane went up today on site. While I was there the crane swung out and almost clipped a lamp post on the highway. They had to lower it back in the pit and start over. There was a pretty good crowd watching and waiting for something to happen from across the road.

1572586317_60606d1fcf_b.jpg

1573924890_39fad86995_b.jpg

1573987176_76707b17e4_b.jpg

what if? a car/truck has accident on gardiner and flips over railing into MLS pit? just a thought that came into my brain staring@that photo.

I think the pit is too far away from the gardiner for that to happen (unless you use Hollywood physics).

(unless you use Hollywood physics).

That's where everything moves really slow, right? Followed by Hollywood chemistry, where the car explodes as if loaded with a small nuke.

what if? a car/truck has accident on gardiner and flips over railing into MLS pit? just a thought that came into my brain staring@that photo.

This makes me wonder, has anyone managed to crash badly enough to flip over the guardrail in the Gardiner's history? It seems like it'd be quite a feat.

There was an accident one or two winters ago where someone hit a snow bank on the Gardiner and went over the railing... and somehow survived.

Back