The place where many accidents happen is on the westbound exit for Kingsway South. Its a downhill exit which goes into a tight left hand turn under a bridge. There are so many markings from cars hitting that wall its beginning to look a bit like a post modern fresco!

Theres also a couple memorial things there so I guess not everyone makes it...

anyone else take this exit regularly?

This makes me wonder, has anyone managed to crash badly enough to flip over the guardrail in the Gardiner's history? It seems like it'd be quite a feat.

Of course. People speeding. It happens a few times a year I believe.

Then there's the car that took off after hitting the old Humber River bridge bump. They were going so fast they ended flying into the incoming lanes. They didn't survive.

They must have been going really fast to do that. It makes one wonder if that didn't get them, something else would have.

We haven't had a photo update of this one in a while. Anyone going to the area?

Urbandb.com took a couple from the 4th. I've re-hosted those shots in the 400 foot thread.

Anyone see any continuity between the current MLS project and the failed ROM condo from 2005?

romtower_south_fullview.jpg

mls-1.jpg

Particularly the glass which cuts diagonally across the facade.

oh yeah, from pictures it looks like they have been making pretty good progress on the north edge of the site.

Back