According to people working on site, Balzac's should be opening tomorrow morning:

IMG_00000268.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_00000268.jpg
    IMG_00000268.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,612
It's amazing how transformative improvements to the public realm can be, even simple ones! Toronto needs so much more of this!

Meanwhile, around the corner, the first trees have been planted along the Esplanade. I thought there was a thread for that, but couldn't find it, so I'm mentioning it here.

The thread in question is in the Out and About section because the original post was mostly concerned about how the Esplanade reconstruction was affecting restaurant patios.

Flower have been added to planters along the patios:

MSMay22.1.jpg

MSMay22.2.jpg

MSMay22.3.jpg

Attachments

• MSMay22.1.jpg
    MSMay22.1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 818
  • MSMay22.2.jpg
    MSMay22.2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 833
  • MSMay22.3.jpg
    MSMay22.3.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 809
I love the consistency of the materials used for the patios and fences along the street. It really gives a lovely cohesive look to it.

I love the consistency of the materials used for the patios and fences along the street. It really gives a lovely cohesive look to it.
Now that the sidewalk etc are "finished', the City and the BIA are trying to get The Esplanade patio tenants to go for a similar unified look (though it may not get done until next year.) It really does look very sharp on Market St so this may encourage them.

Back